The people of Tescos

Stewie Griffin
Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8484116.stm

Elaine Carmody, 24, a full-time mother of two young boys, described the ban as "ridiculous" and "pathetic".

She said she had regularly gone shopping at the store in her pyjamas until about a week ago when she was turned away when she went to buy cigarettes.

She said she been "popping in for a pack of fags," but if she had been doing a full shop "then we obviously would have gone in clothed".

"But we only wanted fags and they still refused us to go in for a pack of cigarettes," she added.

Ms Carmody, who spoke after spending £102 in the supermarket, added: "If you're allowed to wear jogging bottoms, why aren't you allowed to wear pyjamas in there, that's what I don't understand?

"I think it's stupid really not being allowed in the supermarket with pyjamas on.

"It's not as if they're going to fall down or anything like that. They should be happy because you're going to spend all that money."

She went on: "It's not as if you're making a show, if anything they should be happy because you're spending your money in their shop, but obviously they're not because you're not allowed in with pyjamas.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Spot on. Next is socks with sandals then football shirts as non sporting clothing
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • How about visible g-strings above the waist band (the so called flying Y)
  • Wooliferkins
    How about visible g-strings above the waist band (the so called flying Y)

I reckon that's just a wedgie waiting to happen.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Crocs should defiantly be banned, not just tesco but public. Is that a better way to tell everyone you are on the social?
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Spot on. Next is socks with sandals then football shirts as non sporting clothing
    Probably bra and suspenders, and fishnet tights. :(

Seriously though, what is it with folk wandering about in their PJs? It seems to be everywherre. Are they just too lazy to get dressed?

I'm no fan of Tescos, but well done them.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • yes tesco well done.i dont want to be overlooking chavs in the PJ,s while shopping
    Who would shop in PJ,s come on its just not right.morales of todays peaples are shocking i dread to think whats next!!!.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Lovely. Another chav city.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I've been out in my PJ bottoms once or twice. And yes, it's mostly due to laziness/sickness. But I didn't think anyone at the garage would notice.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    funny though....10 years ago people thought nothing of popping to the newsagents on a sunday in their slippers and dressing gown......

seems the more rural, the more prevailent the ole pj shopping thing is.....havn't seen it since moving to within the city limits.....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Wooliferkins
    Crapaud wrote:

Seriously though, what is it with folk wandering about in their PJs? It seems to be everywherre. Are they just too lazy to get dressed?
    pi-pie.jpg
    company_key.png
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Don't get me started on Asda........... :cry:
  • cee wrote:
    funny though....10 years ago people thought nothing of popping to the newsagents on a sunday in their slippers and dressing gown......

seems the more rural, the more prevailent the ole pj shopping thing is.....havn't seen it since moving to within the city limits.....

:shock: I cant recall ever being out doors in such inappropriate attire in my life :lol: . I wear tatty old jogging bottoms & t shirts at home. If Im popping out even for a newspaper I will change, I remember putting on cargo pants and realising that I HAD to put white trainers on as black ones would clash & I would look fecking stupid :oops: :roll:
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    its their shop they can pick and choose as they like. as people with wellington boots sh1t up to the nines and smelling like a dung heap. not good around foodstuff.
  • Talk about pot-kettle-black. There's people here criticising others for being too lazy to change out of their PJs when they themselves are too bone idle to capitalise their sentences properly. Priceless.
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Apparently people in Liverpool pretty much live in their jimmy jams.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    freehub wrote:
    Apparently people in Liverpool pretty much live in their jimmy jams.

They have to wash their shell-suits occasionally. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • You should try Stockton/Middlesbrough. Apparently no one gets dressed properly once they get out of bed nowadays.

All I can say is:

"Have you seen the clip of that bint".
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Talk about pot-kettle-black. There's people here criticising others for being too lazy to change out of their PJs when they themselves are too bone idle to capitalise their sentences properly. Priceless.
    this is a forum to discuss shizm not a place to show off your typing prowess and grammer.i take it your prone to going shopping in your pajamma,s
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    There are a few gems in the 'comments'
    Tesco are quite within their rights to do this.. I have no real issue with the way anyone dresses, but going to the shops in your pyjamas is dreadful in my opinion.A local school is also insisting that the parents refrain from wearing pyjamas whilst bringing their childres to school... and to leave the can of lager at home when collecting them too.Well done Tesco, !
    :lol:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • freehub
    Talk about pot-kettle-black. There's people here criticising others for being too lazy to change out of their PJs when they themselves are too bone idle to capitalise their sentences properly. Priceless.
    this is a forum to discuss shizm not a place to show off your typing prowess and grammer.i take it your prone to going shopping in your pajamma,s

To be fair it does not even take a second to press that capital lock then press T, then press the capital lock again. Even better, when you do it enough times you don't even realise you're doing it.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    freehub wrote:
    Talk about pot-kettle-black. There's people here criticising others for being too lazy to change out of their PJs when they themselves are too bone idle to capitalise their sentences properly. Priceless.

To be fair it does not even take a second to press that capital lock then press T, then press the capital lock again. Even better, when you do it enough times you don't even realise you're doing it.

Lol, you use the CAPS LOCK button to capitalise? :lol:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • rake
    tHIS IS A USELESS POINT. iT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOING INTO TESCOS NOT DRESSED. pLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC.
  • freehub
    rake wrote:
    tHIS IS A USELESS POINT. iT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOING INTO TESCOS NOT DRESSED. pLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC.

FDFSDJHSKDJGFDKGHFKJDGHFKJGHDFKJGHFKDJGHFKDJGH
  • So it did :lol: I will try my best to use the keyboard and what few braincells i have to please the masses of this fine site.I bid you a good night
  • rake
    yOUR HEAD IS SHAPED LIKE A RUGBY BALL fREEHUB.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I think the big news from this thread is that willhub types likes a pensioner
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • freehub
    edited January 2010
    Good, you don't want to wake up to a load of Keyboard Warriors staring over your bed now whilst you sleep do you?
    I think the big news from this thread is that willhub types likes a pensioner

A super fast mutant pensioner?
    rake wrote:
    yOUR HEAD IS SHAPED LIKE A RUGBY BALL fREEHUB.

DKJGFHGFFSKDJGHSDKJGHDKFJGHFKDJGHFDKGJFHD

Also, on a topic related note, ST. Mellons? Someone taking the piss? What a weird name. Where does one find ST. Lemons?
  • I'm quite suprised this has happened in Saint Mellons, it's such a lovely place!!!

I remember walking home from Cardiff to Risca one night (stupid idea at the time - its about 18 miles) and when going through Saint Mellons a nicked car ploughed into a wall literally 50 yards away from me and all 3 in the car starbursting. Like an idiot I start running and realise, crap the old bill will think I did it so carried on walking. I thought I was going to get ass raped that night!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • I just realised that went off topic...well done Tesco's!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Crankmeister
    Crankmeister Posts: 274
    edited January 2010
    Good, you don't want to wake up to a load of Keyboard Warriors staring over your bed now whilst you sleep do you?

Your bloody right their mucker especially soo, if they were .....if i dare to say it GINGER :wink: