Wiggle prices

dnrdnr
dnrdnr Posts: 27
edited January 2010 in The bottom bracket
Wiggle seem to be less and less competitive on price. Set of Ultegra 6600 calipers £55.00 at Chain Reaction, when I checked on the Wiggle site they were asking for £103.35. I've always had great service from Wiggle, but hard to justify such a price difference.

Comments

• Tell them to keep them and go to Ribble 6600 £57.40
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Were they ever any good on price.

Over the last 5 years I've found only Merlin and CRC to do the best prices on stuff.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    They still come up as competitive on some items, and they price match, and I get £5 off £50 spend whenever I want, plus I get 12.5% platinum discount (in addition to price match and £5 off) so depending on the item, your personal discount, and whether you can be bothered to get price matching, they still turn out cheapest on about 40-50% of what I buy. Also, when you compare items such as Shimano and many other Components, CRC supply you with OEM items (without telling you, though they should!) whereas WIggle will be retail products (unless stated), so you are not really comparing like with like. Sometimes OEM will be fine, as good as, other times there will be significant differences (such as length of chains, length of fork steerers, length of brake hoses).
  • And I have to add that Wiggle have great customer service and even free delivery nearly always comes next day.
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    I don't find CRC that great on price - at least for the stuff I've been looking for.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Their price on the lock I bought from Evans was the best by £25 butin the shorter Abus City Chain X-Plus 85 they were dearer but only by a quid or 2.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.