Kona Blink???

thelonegroover
thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
edited January 2010 in MTB buying advice
I have it on good authority that Kona are introducing a new steel hardtail, this will be called the Blink. Halfords advise me this bike is only for the UK market.

I don’t know if this new bike will be based on the current Explosif steel frame or what sort of spec it will have. I think I'm correct in saying Kona don't currently have a whole steel mtb bike in the UK.

The only other steel hardtail bike Halfords do is the Voodoo Wanga, since I’m looking to buy a steel hardtail via my companies cycle to work scheme, which is the Halfords scheme, I’d like some more information on the future Kona Blink.
Planet X Kaffenback 2
Giant Trance X2
Genesis High Latitude 2x10
Planet X n2a
Genesis Core 20

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Halfords can source many different bikes, not just the ones you see in store or on the website, so your options may be more open than just the Kona & Voodoo
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I have checked with Halford, they are currently unable to get an Onone Inbred or Rock Lobster, I think they could get a Genesis Altitude 10 though. Don't forget, there is £1000 limit to C2W.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • Well, if anyone's interested, the Kona Blink will be available from mid Feb. About £900, Kona cromo, 120 Tora SL folk, SLX/Deore gear & Shimano brakes. So very similar to Voodoo Wanga (Reba folk). Which is also £899.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20