Exmoor Riding

skeggs1664
skeggs1664 Posts: 34
edited January 2010 in Routes
I'm looking for some decent routes in Exmoor and haven't a clue where to start. I don't get on too well using the maps on web sites so please don't offer them as a suggestion.

If anyone is going for a ride on exmoor on upcoming weekends I'd love to jump along.

Thanks for your time.

Chris.
Cove Stiffe FR

Comments

• chris_sw
    chris_sw Posts: 100
    Hey, I should be getting out for a ride on Exmoor soon, I usually park in Porlock and start from there, riding the area between there and Dunkery Beacon. You're welcome to tag along for a ride sometime, what length ride did you have in mind?

The weather looks to be good this weekend so I'll be going out if my stuff arrives from wiggle tomorrow (wouldn't count on it, ordered this morning), otherwise I'm free to ride most of the time, weather dependant.
  • Yeah sounds good, let us know when your planning on going if your gear turns up and where abouts in porlock your thinking of. Also I'm from taunton and porlock is a little alien to me and haven't a clue where i would be going once there to meet up.
    Cove Stiffe FR
  • chris_sw
    The car park is the one in this map (below), it's the only long stay car park there as the others are limited to 1 hour stay I think.
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... 1&t=h&z=19

I also live in Taunton, so you could follow me up there if you're not confident of the way yourself.

I'll let you know if I'm going this weekend, if not I should be going during the week next week, or at the weekend, or both, depending on weather (riding in the rain sucks).
  • chris_sw
    My stuff did arrive today, next day from Wiggle with the free delivery, even got some Haribo :) So I will be out riding this weekend, check your PMs for details.