Does your Cateye fly?

sweetslice
sweetslice Posts: 31
edited January 2010 in Workshop
I really love my cateye strada wireless, but I keep coming back from rides to find my max speed is in the region of 62mph. Now as much as I hate to admit it, I cant hit those sorts of speeds on the flat roads of my daily commute, so why does my cateye lie?
Is it interferrence from speed cameras? Or white van man's GPS?
Cannondale Caad 9
Cube SL Cross Comp
Diamondback Apex

Comments

• It is interference.

I've had three diffrent wireless computers and they all do that, admittedly the cat eye does it a bit more.
    Just live with it, it doesn't normally change stats too much
    left the forum March 2023
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    Interference on my Strada....must be why my average speeds are so unbelievably low :wink:

Seriously though, I'm well pleased with how reliable it is. It's even survived falling off my bike not once but twice at around 25mph.
    Both times its inattentive owner forgot to click it into the mount properly :oops: Good job there were no cars around to squish it.
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • vinnn
    vinnn Posts: 62
    I have a Strada Wireless too on one of my rides, I find it's more reliable fixing the sensor near the top of your fork leg instead of near the the hub.
    The most likely interference I can think of is your mobile phone, possibly you keep your phone in a chest pocket whilst riding to work? You can see some mad speeds if you stick your phone right next to the Strada, try it.
  • Mike67 wrote:
    Seriously though, I'm well pleased with how reliable it is. It's even survived falling off my bike not once but twice at around 25mph.
    Both times its inattentive owner forgot to click it into the mount properly :oops: Good job there were no cars around to squish it.

I'm glad to hear someone else has suffered from that. I didn't realise it needed clicking in twice and it got squashed 5 minutes in to it's debut ride!
  • Cheers for the heads up. My phone is usually in my rucksak, interesting. I'll see if it happens when I don't take my phone out for a ride. Apart from that it is a nice computer.
    Cannondale Caad 9
    Cube SL Cross Comp
    Diamondback Apex
  • sweetslice wrote:
    Cheers for the heads up. My phone is usually in my rucksak, interesting. I'll see if it happens when I don't take my phone out for a ride. Apart from that it is a nice computer.

It's not the phone, I never carry it... I've noticed it happens a lot more in heavy traffic, it's got to do with cars in my opinion
    left the forum March 2023