Budget fork deals

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The diffrences are minimal - nothing to worry about!
  • I've ordered the Tora 318 Solo Air :D
    Hopefully get it Tuesday. Wont be fitting it for a couple of weeks but I'll let you know what I can when it arrives.
    I was a bit unsure too but to be honest at £87 delivered, I don't think you can go too far wrong and the're bound to be a massive improvement on my XCR's.

Evans will fit it for £20 and I'll buy a Beto pump for £15
    Mongoose Tyax Super 2008 with just a few upgrades...
  • I orderd Tora Air Solos yesterday...will be here tomorrow hopefully!...shall be putting them on asap. cant wait to get rid of my old forks and try these new Rockers out
  • I hope you get your forks tomorrow too, fingers crossed! :wink:

Would be great to hear back from you guys about what you receive, as its the Solo Airs that I shall get as well, if I jump off the fence.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    I hope you get your forks tomorrow too, fingers crossed! :wink:

Would be great to hear back from you guys about what you receive, as its the Solo Airs that I shall get as well, if I jump off the fence.

wouldn't wait too long , not gonna be around forever at those prices.
    :wink:
  • Rock Shox Tora solo Air have arived from Wiggle today :D ...with a random bag of sweets ?? :shock:
    Forks look very nice ! will fit them tonight if I get time
  • Just got my Tora 318 Solo Air forks, they look the business.
    They came well packed complete with the manual and the poploc fitting (this is the basic poploc without compression control, it's on the fork itself), no pump but didn't really expect one.
    The portion of the stanchion that goes from the bottom of the fork crown to the base of the dust seal is 120mm, so I assume these are preset at 100mm travel?

Very pleased and can't wait to get them on and ride :D
  • Um and ah...
    Need to get the wood splinters out of my glutius maximus within the next 24 hours! :lol:

Apparently the steerer tube is cut down to 260mm from the 318 Solo Air Q and A section at wiggle, does this sound right?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Meep, the Solo Airs have gone back up to £174 since this morning :(

So its down to the Coils, or the Recons, or wait for another fork bargain this year...
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Unlucky.
    btw my 318 Air steerer is 260mm, is that shorter than normal, should I be worried?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Thats ruddy huge! Standard size.
  • Bluemoon39 wrote:
    Unlucky.
    btw my 318 Air steerer is 260mm, is that shorter than normal, should I be worried?

More than enough, I trimed 55mm off my steer tube.
  • Robie, did yours come set at 100mm and did you leave them like that?
    I'm thinking I might take the spacer out and make them 130mm before I fit it to the bike. Sounds like a pretty easy job and I read that you can do it without losing any oil by doing it on the bench before fitting.
    I ride some pretty rough stuff in the peaks so I'm thinking the 130mm might be nice, but then again I know nothing :?
  • Bluemoon39 wrote:
    Robie, did yours come set at 100mm and did you leave them like that?
    I'm thinking I might take the spacer out and make them 130mm before I fit it to the bike. Sounds like a pretty easy job and I read that you can do it without losing any oil by doing it on the bench before fitting.
    I ride some pretty rough stuff in the peaks so I'm thinking the 130mm might be nice, but then again I know nothing :?

Yes mine came set at 100mm, I thought about adjusting them but decided to leave them.
    I will see how they perform Saturday/Sunday set at 100mm ....Im looking forward to giving them a work out :D
  • Given my weight (85-90Kg typically), I now think it is going to be the Recon Race or nothing, as the 318 Coil U-turns would need a spring upgrade.

At least with the Recons, I can simply "inflate" the forks to a higher pressure to support my mass, yes?

The Recons also come in black, which is another plus, in my opinion anyway! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo