Moots Dealers

angrynortherner
angrynortherner Posts: 530
edited January 2010 in Road buying advice
Aside from Mosquito, does anyone else know of shops selling Moots frames in the UK.

Comments

• reba6768
    reba6768 Posts: 1,030
    AFAIK, having been in the shop last weekend and speaking to staff, Mosquito are the only authorised Moots dealer in the UK - I suppose this doesn't mean the only shop selling mind!
  • Moaner
    Moaner Posts: 117
    I've not been able to track down anyone else. Same story with Seven (Sigma, surrey in that case).
    Are you an angry northerner because you want to buy a nice Ti bike without travelling to the ends of the earth, but the shops are all in the SE catering for all those city types wanting to spent their income-tax funded bonuses, or have you got something else on your mind? :wink:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Whew, you're asking for a lot. I can't remember ever seeing a MOOTS in a shop here in the States and I get around a bit.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Just out of interest, why do you specifically want a Moots? Plenty of very good home-grown Ti options in the UK and if anything goes wrong it will be easier to get after sales service...
  • I'm buying a Moots as Mark Reilly from Omega still has 700 quid of my money from the last time I tried to support a British Company. Plus the Moots RSL is the bike I've been lusting after since it was announced.

I've been to Moot's dealers in the US, they seem much easier to source there (as you would expect).
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Fair enough; I think you were unlucky with Omega but I can understand why it might put you off.. I've had nothing but good experiences with Enigma and wouldn't swap my Esprit for anything.

I was going to say that Moots had a reputation for being a bit traditional and that the frames were relatively heavy, but the RSL seems to be an exception on all counts - lovely looking bike!
  • gandhi
    gandhi Posts: 187
    I think Rock'n'Road in Southampton sell them.
    http://www.rocknroadcycles.co.uk/