Testicular cancer

markwalker
markwalker Posts: 953
edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
Over on Pro cycling theres an article on lances underpants and quite a few posters note they have also had surgery a la lance.

Now i knew this was a big issue, but i am surprised by the numbers posted. I dont want to be alarmist about this but its surely a male issue that we dont discuss often. The poll then is to compare and demonstrate how common or otherwise this serious condition is. No one needs to put there name to there vote of course but equally if you feel you have something to say please say it.

Im surprised myself and will be more vigilent in future.

Mark

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    markwalker wrote:
    Over on Pro cycling theres an article on lances underpants and quite a few posters note they have also had surgery a la lance.

Now i knew this was a big issue, but i am surprised by the numbers posted. I dont want to be alarmist about this but its surely a male issue that we dont discuss often. The poll then is to compare and demonstrate how common or otherwise this serious condition is. No one needs to put there name to there vote of course but equally if you feel you have something to say please say it.

Im surprised myself and will be more vigilent in future.

Mark

You've sort of lost me as to what you're saying. That we should OR shouldn't be discussing this kind of condition? :? :?
  • Im saying Im surprised how many posters on here alone it has directly affected and that its an issue we should all be aware of.

As for discussing it, it should be as open a subject as breast cancer is for women..
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    You should have another question on your poll.

Do you know someone who has had testicular cancer?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • You should have another question on your poll.

Do you know someone who has had testicular cancer?

yes youre right, I cant see how to do that now though.
  • Thank you the moderator
  • markwalker wrote:
    Thank you the moderator

surprising results but less than 24 hours in so needs to run a bit more.

If you havent voted, please do to give the results as much perspective as possible.

Thank you
    Mark
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I want to tick two boxes; No incidence for me or immediate family but I do know of 2 people. Poll makes me choose 1 or the other.
  • keef66 wrote:
    I want to tick two boxes; No incidence for me or immediate family but I do know of 2 people. Poll makes me choose 1 or the other.

Yes i know its limiting. Perhaps chose the one you feel most closely represents your strongest sentiment??
    regards
    Mark
  • Any more for anymore?
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    My GF's Dad was diagnosed just before Xmas. Has had two sessions of Chemo and is now having radiotherapy over 18 consecutive days. Hopefully he will be ok....
  • My GF's Dad was diagnosed just before Xmas. Has had two sessions of Chemo and is now having radiotherapy over 18 consecutive days. Hopefully he will be ok....

Quick response! fingers crossed.
  • can we make ths a sticky please?
  • This has been up a while and the results are sobering.

check your nuts regulalry :(