It's the early mornings I can't deal with.

2»

Comments

• Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Does it ever get any better?
    I am not at all a morning person - but getting up to pedal makes it worth it.
  • I find I feel better after my ride to work, its all uphill on the way in which hurts a bit as I am currently using a gear inch of 97.4 on my fixed gear. but the way home I can do in 5/6 minutes which is all good 8)
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • Have kids. You will become a morning person.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    It's the way home that gets me - at least it was kinda light this morning!

Just about to embark on the 10 miles home along Glasgow's lovely dark busy roads, looks just above freezing into the bargain, mmmmmmm - tasty!
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • I like my morning ride (more downhill than up) as it wakes me up for the day. I struggle out of bed for quarter to six but by quarter past when I'm pootling along the world is a lovely place however cold or wet it might be. theres nothing better than an autumn mist on the fields or a cracking sunrise to make it all worth it.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,420
    cjcp wrote:
    I've got a hill that starts 0.6 miles from home. That warms me up!

Yes, that does make a difference. When I used to live on Putney Heath, it was down hill all the way down into Wandsworth, and I couldn't warm up until I'd hammered up East Hill to Wandsworth Common. A bit better in Carshalton, as there's a slight rise as soon as I get onto the main road. A slightly lower gear than I would normally use and spinning like a nutter also helps.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    I usually find that known i have wrk I really dont wanna get out of my bed .. cos it's so comfy and the opposite effect happens when am off it's not as comfy ..