'Forest Freeride' based in Wales

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Hello :D

I got a voucher for a 2 day MTB course with Forest Freeride, in Wales, as a christmas pressie - does anyone have any experience of them? Just curious!

I also don't know whether to book on a girls only course, or a normal mixed course. I am used to MTBing with a mixed group and don't have any problems with it, but don't know whether blokes attending a course like that would be p!ssed off to find a lone girlie there too (I am too old for this to be considered a bonus :wink: ) :oops:

Or would the girls only course be too 'girlie'?

Any thoughts welcome!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    miss notax wrote:
    don't know whether blokes attending a course like that would be p!ssed off to find a lone girlie there too

No not at all. As long as you've got the relevant skills to keep up with the group and not massively holding them back, I wouldn't care if the group was mixed or not. I personally think that the MTB world needs more women to add a bit of balance. Go for what ever you're comfortable with.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Been there twice now and it's brilliant, can't compare it with any other skills courses, but the tuition is excellent, and it's great fun.

Not sure what the girls only courses are like, but the group with girlies in it seemed to work just as well.

Enjoy your course :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Thanks guys, and that's really good to hear Whytepeak :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc