Morning, and it's not looking good...

El Capitano
El Capitano Posts: 6,401
edited January 2010 in The Crudcatcher
...Had blood taken this morning. Not that the actually taking of the blood bothers me, it's all the faffing around that's involved. I can't eat or drink anything after 22:00 the night before. Under normal circumstances, that's an inconvenience, but no real problem. Being a diabetic, this becomes a problem. I have to ensure my blood/sugar levels are at a safe level to drive to the hospital. If they're not, I have to get my son-in-law to drive me there (as was the case this morning). I then have to wait around with all the sick people to see the nurse (who, TBH wasn't pic worthy), have blood taken, then eat stuffs. Which means I haven't been able to ride to work today, mainly because I feel pretty crap, and will probably feel like this for the next couple of days. :cry:

How's the rest of the internet coping with Tuesday?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    is it Tuesday!

time for cake.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Time for Tennis...
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    crap. pulled muscle in lower back during the night (no, not that way, just rolling over. it happens as you get older) so riding is out of the window now.

But i do go on holiday to lanzarote on thursday. :lol:
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • I made caramel shortcake so I'm fucking awesome
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • El Capitano
    Andy wrote:
    Time for Tennis...

Watching or playing?

(Has Murray lost yet?)
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I have to go for my annual diabetic eye checkup tommorow.

Whooppee a day off work.

Balls a trip to the hospital and a day with blurred vision and a headache from the eye drops.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Andy
    Andy wrote:
    Time for Tennis...

Watching or playing?

(Has Murray lost yet?)

One then t'other

current score is 6-3 5-6(40-40) with murray serving
  • Andy
    6-3 6-6 now. Tie break time.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    stubs wrote:

Whooppee a day off work.

Balls a trip to the hospital and a day with blurred vision and a headache from the eye drops.

Ditto here but only half a day off work, the other half taken today with a dental visit. no headache though only blurred vision and sunglasses in winter.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Trying to last the whole day without spending any money or have anyone offload a 'problem' on me. 11:09 so far so good...
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    Murray just won the second set to go up 2:0
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • Andy
    6-3 7-6 (7-2) to murray!
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    Supposed to be working, but started watchign the tennis: doh!!
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • redvee
    .blitz wrote:
    Trying to last the whole day without spending any money

Payday here, so tempting to pay the rent into the wiggle/crc/evans bank account instead of the landlady's :cry:
  • El Capitano
    stubs wrote:

Not had one of those yet but when I looked in the mirror, they were both still there.
  • Andy
    stubs wrote:

Not had one of those yet but when I looked in the mirror, they were both still there.

You passed!
  • El Capitano
    WooHoo! :D
  • Andy
    Nadal just retired 3-0 down in the third!

Go'n Yer Sel Andy!
  • stubs wrote:
    Does that mean the rest of you isn't diabetic? ;)

Payday for me too, however, our 'payrise' that's backdated 6 months is laughable (we got 0.5% woo-fookin-hoo) as I have bills to pay and other stuff :(
    I think I'll cash in on the CRC sale before it's too late though :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Well, today has been *touches wood* going a site better than yesterday!

Yesterday, (remembering that my boss expected me to WORK, and be REALLY productive - I've just had 8 weeks off skiing...) I managed to break a windscreen on a truck, from a completely different regiment... Fail... But the worst thing is, I was no-where near, and my task on the truck I was working on was to just get it to pass a brake test.... :oops:

Yeah, that was a good day... :lol:

Today is alrite. Got my new driving licence through today!!! With my D1, D1+E and A catagories on!!! :D Good times!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    well im about to strip the ike down for a good clean and take the bits ive just sold :) hopefully CRC will deliver today or tomorrow, so ive got time to set it all up before the weekend :D
  • Barrie_G
    Barrie_G Posts: 479
    well I've got cold/flu/man flu, and feel like crap, have done for the last 4 days and I'm getting a little tired of it now :(

Crc, have just credited my card for a saddle that I sent back, which would normally be a good thing but I'd asked for an exchange, so now I don't know if they will send out the exchange saddle when it comes into stock, or if I'll have to make a fresh order :?
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:
    .blitz wrote:
    Trying to last the whole day without spending any money

Payday here, so tempting to pay the rent into the wiggle/crc/evans bank account instead of the landlady's :cry:

Failed big time and lost £96 to Evans on the way to work this afternoon :oops:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    chaz, see if you feel the same about that d category in a few yrs, everyone i know with it is trying to find ways of hiing it/getting it removed.

spam central.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Sheeps - you have to realize, that as I'm a REME soldier, I move around every 2-3 years, and currently I'm hardly in work anyway (out doing phys / racing), I don't drink anyway, and our regiment pays about £40 a night of driving anyway, so it's not all bad.

Besides, I'm just not around to be spammed for driving duties. And in a year and half, hopefully a year, I'm posted out anyway....

The good life :)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    im in a corps too so know a thing or two about being posted around thanks :roll:

either way, let us know how you enjoy your evenings of driving drunken idiots around once you have done it, lets see how those 40 pounds feel then.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    today i bought: seatpost, seat clamp, cassette, front mech, pedals, chain whip and shimano grease :D pics in my WIP thread when they arrive