The Gel Drop Issue!

cycleNoodle
cycleNoodle Posts: 80
edited January 2010 in XC and Enduro
What is the opinion on gel packet dropping? We have now seen the introduction of gel drops on race courses so that the organisers dont have to go round and pick up the packets.

However we pay very high race entry fees and surely that is our priviledge? What if the riders you are with attack you just before the gel drop, you cant ask them to "wait up" while you take on a gel! Putting the empty wrapper up your shorts or in your pocket is also not great due to the sticky situation you may find ourself in!

Do they have these rules in the rest of Europe?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    is it not already a fine-able offence to litter?

if it is then yes you should be taking it with you.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Horta
    Horta Posts: 64
    Stop being lazy! Bin those packets, there's no excuse. What if someone attacks me while I've got a wrapper?! Ooh I might get icky hands!! Down your gell and ride hard, I doubt your rivals are waiting for you to have a gell.

I stuff them in my jersey pocket, that's what they're there for, putting stuff in. If the wrappers are fiddly, or I know t's gonna be cold/wet, I pre-open them, so I don't have to faff about. Stuff the goo in, pocket the wrapper, total time, what, 10-20 seconds and you're still moving, so it shouldn't be an issue.

And as for the "I've paid loads of money, I ain't picking up my litter" I'm sorry, but that's what I expect from a teenager.

Grrrrr, angry litter bug rant over :evil:
    better a has been, than a never was!
  • this HAS to be a troll.
  • boneyjoe
    boneyjoe Posts: 369
    I can guess where the race organisers will tell you to stick your gel...
    Scott Scale 20 (for xc racing)
    Gary Fisher HKEK (for commuting)
  • SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    Good manners and common decency are the reasons you should not drop your gel wrapper, paying an entry fee doesn't give you the right to lack either.

Ridiculous.
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    keep em in your pocket till you get back!!!!
    yeah you have to pay an entry, thats cause people have to work to organise these events and a lot of effort goes into setting them up, your not paying for the privilage to drop shite and have people clear it up for you!!!!!!!
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se