Santa cruz bullit 04

JamesBrckmn
JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
edited January 2010 in MTB general
My friend just bouught one on ebay for £301.
It has 07 marzocchi 66's, rear juicy 3, and i'm not sure about the rest.
Firstly, is it a good bike?
Secondly, is it a good deal? Bear in mind it needs a full service, so is it a good deal for £350?
Also, we mainly ride xc/trail, or AM. will it be ok for that?

Comments

• If it all works and is legit/no damage etc that is an insanely low/good price
  • oh and it is a big hitting rig, light freeride/DH, and all mountain, you wouldnt want to be doing XC all day on it
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Based on what you've said, sounds a bargain.

They were re-released in '08 I think.

Probably too soft and heavy for what you have in mind per-se. But, it'll keep 'em fit climbing on it.

P.S. "rear juicy 3" Just a rear brake? Juicy 3's a pretty pony/ But pull them and you stop, which is the crux of it really.
  • JamesBrckmn
    thanks.
    I think this one weighs about 17.5kg/38.5lbs, so about what his old apollo used to weigh, but yeh he won't be doing all day xc. We mainly do surrey hills and swinley, so it should be fine for that.
  • JamesBrckmn
    and Pjay, it does have a front brake, but i don't know what it is. I have juicy 3's, front and rear, and their fine, but if i did dh, i'd want something more.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Compared to an Apollo it's going to day and night to him.

Don't be surprised if he leaves you for dust on every fast / tech section when he's used to it. it's a serious quick gravity machine ha ha.
  • JamesBrckmn
    yeh, the bullit will be very differnt, as his apollo is a 'ful-sus' but the rear is basically rigid, and the forks are about as firm as the springs you get in pens.
    hopefully i'll still be faster downhill, and i'll definetly be faster uphill
  • What bike do you ride James? I'm a regular at swinley so I'll keep an eye out for you and your mate on the bullit
  • JamesBrckmn
    in my sig. more here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=
    what do you ride?
  • Its a good deal he wont be dissapointed !!
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • in my sig. more here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=
    what do you ride?
    I did have a scott gambler FR 20, but I just sold it and got a cove STD. I'm usually at either the gulley, fast line or baby maker, hanging with my mates and making the place look untidy :lol:
  • JamesBrckmn
    ok, i'lll look out for you. he probably won't have the bike and have it serviced for a couple of weeks, but once that's sorted we'll go to swinley, probaly on a saturday. They'll be 3 of us - my other friend has a blue ridgeback mx2, and the bullit is blue aswell. Look out for us - were all about 13/14.