Sometimes I'm sooo good

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Or how an Audi driver completely bemused a roadie :D

Driving in this morning (not set up for the bike yet.. I know, I know :oops: ) I came up behind a roadie type (full lycra, team names, the lot) just before a sharp left turn with a junction on the right.

I noticed a VERY slight shoulder check from said roadie, with a tiny wobble out and knowing the road guessed (he? she... slim figure hard to tell... honest!) would take the right hand junction. I held back and pipped the horn (friendly like) whereupon roadie did a proper shoulder check, arm out and turned right.

Me... I was turning right anyway and held back a bit to allow roadie to negotiate the junction and right / left chicance after it. Then indicating, over took WAY over the other side of the road. Got a great double take from the roadie when they saw it was an Audi with middle-aged bloke in a suit going past :D

I did get a wave as well, and I did the double tap hazards as I accelerated away.

(for those who don't know my odd sense of humour - I'm big on irony and this is a tale about the obvious confusion of the roadie... "but it's an AUDI!" you could almost hear the thoughts :wink: not about me being smug)
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Probably the cloak confused him 8)

Any way what are you doing in a tin box, Mr Burns? Get on the Madone :)
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    If you were really that good, you would've handed him a bidon and a musette bag as you went past :wink:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Madone for commuting? :shock: Are you mad Sir? :roll: :wink:

I'm trying to work out how to get a huge coating of crap off the chain on the Tricross at the moment... it's somewhat caked.

(for one reason or another, work move, my move, Christmas / New Year I've not commuted for months. I'm running out of excuses and clothes that fit now :oops: )
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I'm trying to work out how to get a huge coating of crap off the chain on the Tricross at the moment... it's somewhat caked.

What sort of coating. Apart from wet mud I've found that just wiping the chain with a cloth cleans off most things. For wet mud. several buckets of cold water do the trick (followed by a cloth to dry things off and a relube.

In the current weather conditions I often end up doing this every evening when I get home. :cry:

Mike
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    I'm trying to work out how to get a huge coating of crap off the chain on the Tricross at the moment... it's somewhat caked.

Easy.
    Remove cruddy chain.
    Place carefully in old rugby/football sock.
    Tie top of sock.
    Bung in washing machine and 2 hours later...Voila...clean chain !

:wink:

*I take absolutely no responsibility for what this may do to your chain, washing machine, or any other clothes you wash at the same time.
    **Probably best not to combine this with the whites wash
    Misguided Idealist
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    That's several Audi related posts in one afternoon!!

I had a similar experience when driving my FERRARI - I was about to overtake a cyclist when the sun caught the glass on my ROLEX and dazzled the cyclist. Being a kind bloke I pulled over to help, but not wanting to scuff my PRADA loafers I leaned out of the window to check he was ok and gave him a £50 note for his troubles.

:lol: 8) :lol:
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1