SKYs increible attention to detail

2»

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    the PTT will be bluetooth

Fixed it for ya. :wink:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • As for the cunning design of the jersey to preven rubbing on the adams apple... Isn't this device known as a "zip" and fitted as standard?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Will they subject the riders to performance reviews? And 360 feedback sessions and all that kind of tedium I wonder?

They can book the back of the bus, put some mood lighting on and decide how to score the riders performance for the year. Perhaps get them to write down how they felt the year went :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    as long as its not the british military helping with the radios or they'll not be talking to anyone.

If it is British help the radios will be held together with black tape, chewing gum and green string.

Couldn't the team helmets be turned into Sky HD receivers and beam instructions onto blu ray glasses, like a fighter pilot HUD ? :wink:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Pross wrote:
    I disagree with their kit being easy to spot in the bunch. I've been struggling on the TdU to pick them out. Maybe it will work better in races with more aerial shots? Looks too similar to Saxo from the front. I also suspect they aren't the only team doing some of these things.

I feel sorry for you down there, when will they get colour TV? :lol:
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Lighting strobes to guide them to the team bus when they finish a race?

1. won't they add extra weight to a heavy bike?
    2. how many pro bike races finish in the pitch darkness, miles from the bus parking area?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    Will they subject the riders to performance reviews? And 360 feedback sessions and all that kind of tedium I wonder?

They can book the back of the bus, put some mood lighting on and decide how to score the riders performance for the year. Perhaps get them to write down how they felt the year went :wink:

Saxo Bank already do that. In a tent. In a field. In the Arctic wilderness. In their pants. It all adds to the team building experience.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Saxo Bank already do that. In a tent. In a field. In the Arctic wilderness. In their pants. It all adds to the team building experience.

My boss makes do with a pod near to his desk. And I get to keep my trousers on, I should go easier on him!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Do they need the mood lighting to recover from the eye problems caused by the strobe?

Maybe if they taped the PTT button to their collar they could flex their neck and use the Adam's apple to activate and solve two problems at once.
  • All I can say/think about you lot is the following...

A pessimist is never disappointed! :roll:
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Tusher
    Did they take the all-singing, all-dancing team bus all the way to Australia?
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Tusher wrote:
    Did they take the all-singing, all-dancing team bus all the way to Australia?

No - think for events as far away from Europe as TdU, all buses and cars are provided by the organisers. It's also the reason for no time trials, to save the cost of transport of the extra equipment.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:

Weel actually, they do have a section at the back of the bus where the glass transforms from transparent to opaque at the touch of a button 'for meetings'.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • All I can say/think about you lot is the following...

A pessimist is never disappointed! :roll:

I think we're just having a bit of fun at the expense of a really poor article and some strange "innovations". Where I work I have to do this all the time to avoid weeping and beating my head off the desk in frustration.

Sky seemed to have cornered the market in cycling related management speak bollocks.

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    And just to make it clear, I am not a fan of all this type of stuff or even all the latest technology as I have already said in other posts before. I just thought it was interesting.

Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades. -Merckx.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    There is a telescopic contraption that falshes a powerful strobe light so the riders can find the bus quicker after finishing
    A stage finish can be a busy place thanks to the flashing strobe Sky riders will have to pick their way past the hordes of people suffering from photosensitive epilepsy. Flashing images on Japanese kids TV apparently sent 685 kids into seizure.
  • Kléber wrote:
    There is a telescopic contraption that falshes a powerful strobe light so the riders can find the bus quicker after finishing
    A stage finish can be a busy place thanks to the flashing strobe Sky riders will have to pick their way past the hordes of people suffering from photosensitive epilepsy. Flashing images on Japanese kids TV apparently sent 685 kids into seizure.

Its actually a cunning plan to take contador out.

Brailsford: Flip the switch now Yates. FULL POWER, give him the beans set his chimp free.
    Yates: unnnggh huh huh urrr ungh
    Brailsford: Yes my pretty I am arent I mooo ha ha ha ha ha
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Kléber wrote:

But they have a plan for that too. A high-powered laser mounted on the bus roof will project a 5m high hologram of Rupert Murdoch, dressed in tha TEAM SKY skinsuit. That should keep those pesky kids at a distance.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    If they were that serious they wouldn't be using Adidas kit, because it is sh*t. In my experience none of the big sports companies can make decent kit it is all crap.

Just read Kleber's post :lol::lol:
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    LangerDan wrote:

But they have a plan for that too. A high-powered laser mounted on the bus roof will project a 5m high hologram of Rupert Murdoch, dressed in tha TEAM SKY skinsuit. That should keep those pesky kids at a distance.

So very very very very wrong
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Tusher
    markwalker wrote:

Its actually a cunning plan to take contador out.

Genius.

I laughed out loud and then felt Very Guilty.