orange 5/AM

sailor74
sailor74 Posts: 48
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Anyone know if there is actually any difference between the standard five and AM frames, reading the specs it looks like the AM frame is very slightly tweeked

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Just kit changes IIRC. The geom changes due to a longer fork though.

EDIT: And the AM comes with maxle swingarm as standard, which is an option on the regular 5.
  • al2098
    al2098 Posts: 174
    Frames will be exactly the same. Longer fork will slacken the head angle by one degree due to 20mm longer fork. I believe the seat angle and wheelbase will be similairly affected. Longer fork, longer wheelbase. Front goes up, seat angle is affected. :idea:
  • the head angle is 1 degree slacker on the AM, if it was just down to a longer fork wouldnt the seat angle also be a degree slacker, also the bb remains at +6mm and sticking a longer fork on a standard frame would raise the bb.

Am considering fitting 160mm forks to my five pro, but if the AM frame is slightly tweeked to accommodate them then I may stick with the 140's
  • looking at the pics on the website it looks like the bb on the AM is quite a bit higher so maybe the specs sheet isnt so accurate
  • I have the TALAS160's plugged into my 5 SE and I love em, have no problems climbing with them and only really wind them down on really really steep stuff.