Boardman Carbon Ltd (Much Bling) - New Pics!

2»

Comments

• carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Speed_King wrote:
    i agree i did it with my spec tarmac elite and the barmac wedge bars i fitted looks so much sweeter, naked carbon looks gourgous !!!!!

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8110/16960002.jpg looks so much better!

Never thought of it before, but yes it does look cool. If you have nice carbon bars, why cover them with shitty tape? Especially if you mess it up when sticking it on :oops:
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Have you done your bartape job yet Squill? I wrapped my bars with microtex today after a crash on saturday trashed my tape. Found it needed loads of tension but it's pretty tough stuff so it won't snap. Took me a while to get it right around the shifters too.
  • Squill, that is one awesome looking bike, did the guys at Halfords in Wakefield do it???
    I want a new bike now !!! :lol:
    That's my 2 cents,

Paul
    Wakefield

Hybrid - Scott Sportster P5 2009
    Road - Trek 1.5 2010

strava
    twitter
  • Squill, that is one awesome looking bike, did the guys at Halfords in Wakefield do it???

Yes, and when we sorting a ride out?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    No the white is much nicer
    not as stealthy and when its dirty. black is the real colour of cf. whites more tupperware. :wink:

Yes, and when we sorting a ride out?

To be honest, I ain't been on the bike all winter, done a bit of running and swimming to keep fit as I don't like the cold weather :oops:

Are you a member of any club, and yes we should sort a ride out when it's a little warmer :lol::lol::lol:
    That's my 2 cents,

Paul
    Wakefield

Hybrid - Scott Sportster P5 2009
    Road - Trek 1.5 2010

strava
    twitter
  • Not a club member yet, but will be joining wakefield cycling club in the summer methinks!
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Mounted the computer on the stem as suggested, halfords fixed the broken shifter, but only had black tape in stock, I refuse to buy any more microtex at the moment as I have been through 3 sets!! (first one they cocked up, second one I cocked up, third they had to bin after sorting the shifter) So im writing off to their HQ to complain.

I was worried about the black, but TBH quite like it....

Added seatpost which has helped position as well, last things to add will be some Open Paves for the summer, then job done!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,713
    The bar position looks horrible on the pictures with the black tape...
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Just got back from the shop now, need to adjust a few things they have changed, need to rotate the bards up a tad as you have pointed out, and I have no idea what they did to the position of the saddle, but its pointing up...