"Not for downhill use"

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The colour is odd on the GT, i keep looking at stuff for mine and keep thinking "hmmm, is my bike an off pink or goldy purple" :lol:
    Yeah, it's a bit weird to match things, but the colour goes well with mud :D
    popstar wrote:
    Doubt with all amount of steel on that GT you gonna have some problems.
    Frame is alu surprisingly. The weight I think is all in the i-drive and the thick paint! :D
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    The bike always gets attention of mongrels pointing and wispering that these bikes are shoot, they keep snaping but look good. Power of forums heh?

I almost feel guilty of having one.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    popstar wrote:
    The bike always gets attention of mongrels pointing and wispering that these bikes are shoot, they keep snaping but look good. Power of forums heh?

I almost feel guilty of having one.

I see. Will probably not consider a Lapierre now.

:lol:
  • booldawg
    booldawg Posts: 290
    The Dart 2's on my bike should have a 'not for use' sticker on them :roll:
    1999 Scott Vail - Work commute
    2015 Giant Anthem 27.5 SX - Weekend riding

East Hants MTB on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/288056017965343/
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Thanks . They're not too bad on sunny days with fantastic scenery, but I lack skills on the action photos.
    Focus the camera where you'll be taking the picture of the rider,
    and then follow him on the center on the screen as he comes down the trail,
    and then just fully press the button when it come to the previously focused area.
    If you get my point the result is super crisp rider and background with the compact camera.

And just ride the bike where ever you like and as hard as you like.
    If something breaks, simply replace it with stronger. :)
  • Anonymous
    Just noticed a couple more warning stickers I'd not read, on the stem and bars. These say "not for downhill competition use". Phew, that's okay then, I can still go down hills :D

Also says it's not suitable for "aggressive off road use"... oh dear :lol:

I wonder how aggressive they mean :D.

So what's special about DH and "aggressive" stems and bars then? Are they just stronger construction so they don't break when you do massive drops etc? I can understand stronger frames & bigger suspension for DH specific bikes.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Aggressive:

aggressive-cat.JPG

More our style (I speak mainly for myself)

kitten.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • So I'm not allowed to ride my bike over aggressive cats?
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Cooldad sooner or later both of you with DKenny will ride aggressive, trust me.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    I dont see what all this fuss is about Downhill. Uphill is where its at, for me i just love having to get off my bike and push cause im too fat to cycle up, no hang on, scrub that its the asthma attack that ensues at the top. thats my favorite bit. or is it the big red cheeks and sweaty crack?....

They should rename anything downhill to "the recovery run"
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    deadkenny wrote:
    Just noticed a couple more warning stickers I'd not read, on the stem and bars. These say "not for downhill competition use". Phew, that's okay then, I can still go down hills :D

Also says it's not suitable for "aggressive off road use"... oh dear :lol:

I wonder how aggressive they mean :D.

So what's special about DH and "aggressive" stems and bars then? Are they just stronger construction so they don't break when you do massive drops etc? I can understand stronger frames & bigger suspension for DH specific bikes.

Most of these warning stickers are just your bog-standard lawyer tags born out of the litigation culture

Unless you're an utter reckless maniac with a penchant for massive crashes or riding off the roof of your house, I would say the kit you've got will be fine for whatever riding you are planning.

And yes, basically 'DH' branded stuff is stronger because it's designed for more stressful treatment ...
  • Anonymous
    Shatner wrote:
    I thought it was funny when I got my trail bike and a sticker on the top tube said "Do not ride at night". I was like ?!?
    Well that's not a problem. It's dark at night so you won't be able to see the warning.
  • Anonymous
    Looking at the basic GT manual it says don't ride at night or in the wet! :D

Admitted it's a generic manual for any kind of bike.