Cateye single shot plus switching on when it wants!?

neiljohn
neiljohn Posts: 35
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
I have a cateye single shot plus which I use on my commute. The last couple of days when I get home after turning it off - it switches itself back on!

It doesn't do it straight away, I only notice when I wake up at night (2 week old baby) I then switch it off and leave it, however a couple of hours later it is back on.

Has anyone else had this problem?
thanks

Comments

• neiljohn wrote:
    I have a cateye single shot plus which I use on my commute. The last couple of days when I get home after turning it off - it switches itself back on!

It doesn't do it straight away, I only notice when I wake up at night (2 week old baby) I then switch it off and leave it, however a couple of hours later it is back on.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    thanks

Had it with my Spokelit wheel light, it had got waterlogged and the switch was shorting. Took it all apart and left it to dry overnight and all was fine.

Might be the same thing.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Pop it on the radiator to dry.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Are you using Duracell batteries? Apparently, these are slightly longer than other batteries (such as those provided with Cateyes). I was told by Zyro that this screws with the contacts. (Not that you are ever told this when you buy the product.)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    My Missus got the same problem...gets turned on when I gotta get up at 6am.
    Then she's knackered when I'm off the next day.
    Go figure...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Splottboy wrote:
    Go figure...

such is life

I had to lose my single shot lights as the attachment to the handlebars kept breaking
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Splottboy wrote:
    Go figure...

such is life

I had to lose my single shot lights as the attachment to the handlebars kept breaking

+1, they all seem to go this way soon enough. A decent light ruined by a village bracket.