Ragley MMMMMMMMMMMMMbop

2»

Comments

• pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    spolt, sub 4.5lb rukles a fair few out on the steel side, but the soul just scrapes in!!
    having one and being a 'little' biased i'd say get one lol! But!! chances are that there are enough members here in the area that'll have mostr the choices your looking for to have a try maybe??
    dont get too tied up by frame weight either, some bikes may weigh more but they ride like a lot less!

pasteyboy, my lbs owner is selling his ti frame, 16" Lovely looking bike when built up!!
    is it a ragley ti he,s selling ? if so how much does he want ?
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    Splottboy wrote:
    Just like a Chinese phone, "Bling Bling - Bling Bling!"

Like it...but with the Ragleys, Genesis, Kinesis, Cotics, Marin and similar "Hardcore Hardtails" I'm a bit, no, a LOT confused.

Just like Harry Hill, I like Steel and I like Aluminium ( I love Ti, but not the prices.)
    But, which is best?

Still not sure which way to go for my local N.Wales trails, so I'm gonna go thro all the Reviews, websites etc to get a full picture of what's out there.

Need a sub 4.5lb, 130mm, "softish" rear end frame for aggressive XC/Trail centres,
    no under BB cables, for full 3 ring c/set. Any ideas???
    mr splott
    ive ridden many ti and steel bikes with 5 ish inch forks fitted. ti and steel feel very similar but you saver 1-1.5lbs going with ti. the ragley has baffled me a bit. i only got it as a stop gap before i buy a ti but ive found it rather comfy for an alu bike . i took it to llandegla last sun and did the black route and being honest it excelled in all areas, it climbed like an xc bike and went down like a dh bike it was precise and never once caught me out. my reason for wanting a ragley ti is more durability slightly lighter and will probably be kinder to my back round tracks such as dalby, plus it will always look newish. had a genesis altitude last year and that was a nice bike too and it weighed bang on 4.5lbs
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • he's looking for £999 ono for the frame, yes it is a Ti, only ridden a couple of times,
    is Stunning though! Very envious when they showed me the frame before it was built up!

has only been ridden a couple of times, Looks as new,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • pastey_boy
    to be honest id rather pay the extra £300 for a brand spanker so i get the full warranty. would have to be lower for me to bite , theres an 18" ragley ti on ebay at the mo for the same price and its still there after more than a week. although its as new its still 2nd hand
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • saw the one on ebay, suprised that it didnt have any cable guards on it when built though!! (lbs owners has to stop whats happened to the ebay one in 'one' ride!)
    they are stunning frames though, and not a lot pop up for resale, hence the prices they hold i guess, I'd love a Ti, but the soul is just too good to not ride lol! that and i cant afford one ahahha! :wink:
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    The colours aren't for me, but nice bike all the same.

Thinking of building up either a blue pig or mmmbop on my return to the UK. Hoping to find somewhere I can demo both.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Just thought...Could you run a C'dale Lefty on this?
    Be an interesting combo that I would possibly consider.
  • pastey_boy
    i dont see why not as it has the 1.5" headtube.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Get Thee Behind Me, SATAN !!! You are tempting me now !

I "MAY" be getting some Blame/Claim money this year, if so... I'll be looking at
    this set up quite seriously. But have to exclude the Kinesis, Cotics, Genesis, Pipedreams, Whytes first...Cost, versus weight, versus type of riding, versus availabilty.

Hmmm, lots to consider now.

DAMN You, Anti-Christ !!!
  • pastey_boy
    heres my bike with a few alterations. i fitted a new token tempa xr 1.5" reducing headset to give my fork knobs enough clearance. also fitted a pair of law moto x pedals i had in a box waiting for a home. these pedals are awesome and retailed for over £100 when in production , just hope they never meet my shins. changed the gold bling seatclamp for a sturdier one as i got a bit of slippage and didnt want to torque the ti bolt too much. up front ive fitted a new on-one cnc,d gold stem , this is the exact same model as sunline sell but at a shorter 70mm and at half the price, its a stunning bit of kit for £40 and seems plenty stiff too which is amazing for a stem weighing less than 120grams. also changed the bars for some gravity lites low risers to lose some of the height gained by fitting a taller headset. they feel stiffer than the brave airbase bars but are over 100 grams lighter. also got rid of the red lock on collars, i didnt want to but i over tightened one and it broke. not really saved any weight as it stands as the pedals and headset negate any weight saved up front. but it does feel stiffer upfront and the pedals make a big difference too.
    rag2.jpg
    rag6.jpg
    rag4.jpg
    rag8.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • loooks awsome!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
  • pastey_boy
    cheers for the kind words it makes it all worthwhile :D . only the wheels to get now think im going to go with hope pro 2,s black sapim spokes black prolock nipples and white stans flow rims. should knock quite a bit of weight off yet be just as strong also the pro2,s let me keep the rear 10mm thru axle set up, ive got a pair of tubeless 2.4 mountain kings in the loft to finish it off. after the wheels im leaving well alone until i get the ragley ti frame
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    also if brant reads this i need to know if its ok to mix on one and ragley parts on the same bike ;)
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    also if anyone has a set of white wheels they would like to swap for the red ones i have fitted then drop me a line. my wheels were brand new off a top of the range specialized sx trail .they are dt 550 rims on bronze coloured specialized hubs 20mm front 135x10mm thru axle rear so they will fit any frame that takes a normal qr. not had much use so in really good nick apart from a few stone chips to the red powder coat. the freehub has a nice sound to it. only want to change purely for vanity reasons. these wheels dont come up for sale on their own that often .................
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    stuck a white and blue fizik tundra saddle, jury is still out as to whether its a good choice as my botty got a good kicking round llandegla on sunday. will give it a couple of more rides to see if my sore buttocks can accept the tundra and to be honest i only fitted it because it looks much sweeter than my ultra comfy yet bland charge spoon
    CIMG0033.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • you should have gone for the White and Blue Ragkley saddle witht he tree design on it! :wink:
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
  • pastey_boy
    ive just ordered a white fizik gobi xm for my tender butt cheeks. :oops:
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT