computers

morleyman200
morleyman200 Posts: 513
edited January 2010 in MTB general
hi all, i have a trek incite 8i

and its great, most of the time it seems to be giving reliable readings - never actually compared it to anything, but on the odd time, it has told me my max speed was 175MPH, and i don't think im that quick :wink:

i measured my wheel travel like it told me and entered it in ok.

but it doesn't actually say where to pit the receiver and the magnet that is on the spokes. it says 3mm apart, but i could put the magnet at the top of my wheel (near the rim) and just twist the receiver so it is 3mm, like wise i can have the magnet basically touching my spokes, and it will still be 3mm away.

not sure if the fact that it is wireless will have anything to do with it. as sometimes it has been on my desk. no way near my bike, and has told me im doing some sort of speed :lol: maybe picking up some signals from else where?

any ideas anyone?

tom

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Used to have one of those (until the screen went bonkers). Not a bad little unit but it can suffer interference, from other electrical sources, e.g. lights or a GPS. When my Trek failed I replaced it with a Cateye Strada wirless, seem to be a lot more immune to interference and even easier to use.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    The wife has one of these on here bike and suffered a few problems. The closer you can fit the magnet to the sensor the better, hers now set at nearly touching and has become reliable again.