Newbie.... Did I get a good deal???

Damo66
Damo66 Posts: 59
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Hi from a noob...
Stumbled upon these forums recently and find them very interesting having been away from cycling for ages.... How things change.

I got my bike 18 months ago and love it but can't find out much info on the web about it... I can find a similar model but with a weird suspension fork!!! I think I got a good deal but wondered what the more experienced think.

It's a Cannondale F4 (2008 model) C02 frame, Rockshox Tora 302 forks, SRAM X5 Shifters, SRAM X7 Rear Mech, Deore Front Mech, Avid Juicy 3 Brakes, Mach 1 Sub Zero Wheels, Truvativ Blaze C Set and Cranks. I've added V12 Pedals and a Charge Spoon saddle. Got it for £450 (£200 off the list price because Evans got me the wrong size of a different bike twice resulting in 3 wasted trips to their store)

I mostly use my bike to and from work but wondered if it's good enough for anything more energetic?

Thanks

Damien

Comments

• It would be more than capable!
  • Not quite sure what you mean by 'energetic' but it in my opinion was a good deal and would be capable of doing whatever you want to start doing really.

You could start with some xc rides (cross country), maybe there are some locally?

Or you could take it to one of the many purpose built trail centres throughout the UK to give it a go.
  • Damo66
    Damo66 Posts: 59
    Thanks for that...

Puzzled as to why no info though... even on C'dale website ?? Is it some kind of "bitsa" or end of line "special" ???

D
  • I'm not sure, the F4 on the website has different spec to yours
    http://www3.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cus ... -8FS4.html

That one has a 'headshock' and not a Tora fork and also different wheels.

Again I don't know but from the spec you have mentioned + being a Cannondale it probably has a good frame so you can't go wrong at that price.
  • Sounds like a good deal - 'dale make great frames ;)