Help on Mountain Bike Holiday

Ross_Davidson
Ross_Davidson Posts: 143
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Hi, me and 2 of my friends are looking to go on a Mountain Bike holiday round about July 2010. We have been looking at Morzine, France but we dont have a clue how much is is going to cost :roll: . We have decided if we went we would stay for about 1 week . Can anyone help us on the best/cheapest accomidation around Morzine and also help on us a on price to hire a bike and transfers to morzine and back to Geneva airport.

Would be a BIG help is someone could give us some advice :D

Cheers Ross
Specialized Stumpjumper Pro M5 2010 ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/77613366@N ... /lightbox/ )

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Get a copy of MBUK - there are always loads of ads in the back for places like Morzine
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    check out www.flowmtb.com

they post on here aswell and seem like nice guys and girls :D

i'm looking to go in june but i think i'm gonns diy it, drive over and camp :D
  • How much would a 'DIY' holiday cost?

3x Full tank of fuel, food, camping charges?

Wouldn't neccessarily need bike hire just the odd day.
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9
  • mkf
    mkf Posts: 242
    6 people 1week driving and selfcatering in chalet in chatel riding the p.d.s lift passes all in 400 per couple
  • Thanks Welshkev :)

We're not the cheapest, but (probably!) the best value for what you get! You can camp and get some v cheap self catering apartments - but with the apartments check carefully for bike storage as often it's made for skis and not bikes! Best camping is les Marmottes in Essert Romand.

But for flowmtb accom....we have a B&B chalet that is €245 pp for a week (or €210 for the 3 bed room) - top notch town centre chalet with wifi, flatscreen and apple TV, big terrace to chill out on with a beer, sauna etc etc. You get served a big breakfast each morning, tea and coffee provided through the day, plus use of the kitchen in the evening if you want to cook in. Also possibility to book onto our big weekly BBQ at the catered chalet.

Big bonus - in the centre of Morzine, we have a workshop you can use, plus bike staff to help and lots of route guides/GPS so you find the best trails, which can be easy to miss! Plus you'll get to meet more riders to hang out with/ride with. There are other threads recommending us too :)

Just give me a shout if you want to know more.

Sara