What screws for standard hybrid frame?

danielsbrewer
danielsbrewer Posts: 123
edited February 2010 in The workshop
Hello,

I have lost a few screws recently and have been using the water bottle holder as spares. I would now like to buy some to replace them.

I have a Specialized globe sport 07 hybrid and the screws I am missing are the ones that hold the mudguard and bikerack on near the axel of the back wheel.

Would these be suitable?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Hope_ ... 360018414/

WHats the best place to buy this sort of thing?

Thanks

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    www.stagonset.co.uk is where I get mine, sell any quantity, many sizes, good quality, fast delivery.
  • mmacavity
    mmacavity Posts: 781
    Bottle cage screws tend to be M5x0.8.
    Ebay
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Try your LBS - Stainless steel are best (unless you can stretch to Ti). Only 10p each, why bother mail order?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • 10p each! I'd love to see them on sale at that price. My LBS has them at £2.99 for two. £2.99 for two! £2.99 for two! I know it's a little thing to get wound up by but £2.99 for two bolts! Criminal.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I use Stagonset because they are just pence and I like to get a whole selection, postage is just £1.50. LBS's either take them out of their workshop and charge pence (or I have even been given them free), but then you feel bad about asking for too many, or they come packaged and overpriced as 100th points out. For a fiver at stagonset I can get 25-30, delivered, and they are top quality.
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    I tend to nick mine from work - I find that to be very economical.

only s/s not titanium though, dont work at NASA