is this the worst (current) jersey in pro cycling ?

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited January 2010 in Pro race
The Tour Down Under best Young Rider :-

Cycle-Instead-Young-Rider_w.jpg

its like a bad german ski outfit,

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    It's a shocker, agreed, but I bet the Foot On Fuji team riders would be grateful for the chance to wear it.. :lol:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    Nope!

In my opinion, Columbia-HTC still maintains its lead in this informal 'gross-out' contest.

Foot-on - or whatever it is, and northernneil's candidate are fairly mild disasters in graphic design by comparison with the sheer hideousness of the kit that Cav' has to wear. Poor lad. :cry:
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • northernneil
    mercsport wrote:
    Nope!

In my opinion, Columbia-HTC still maintains its lead in this informal 'gross-out' contest.

Foot-on - or whatever it is, and northernneil's candidate are fairly mild disasters in graphic design by comparison with the sheer hideousness of the kit that Cav' has to wear. Poor lad. :cry:

I found the columbia kit a 'grower' and indeed I have found the shacks kit has grown on me, alo vice versa the Sky kit is cooling on me so much so that I think its a bit boring now already.
  • Well, it is not that bad. i guess if you are of a age to wear it (I am) that you think it is quite funky.
    I did not like the sky kit to start with but i like it now. Whereas the shack kit is ok but the graphics on their bikes is a totel mess.
  • mercsport
    I found the columbia kit a 'grower' and indeed I have found the shacks kit has grown on me, alo vice versa the Sky kit is cooling on me so much so that I think its a bit boring now already.

To an extent, I agree with you. But that would be, I'd suppose, because when faced with the immutable we become desensitized to ugliness. How else, for example, do we meekly accept the predations by the artless of 'modern' architecture and civic 'planning' up and down our land. We just don't notice after a while.

The parallels in modern 'art' are boundless. But am not about to write a book about it. Not yet anyway.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Have to say that Portuguese champions jersey on the winner yesterday is bloody awful. Looks likes its had colours run into it in the wash... very dull
  • blim
    blim Posts: 333
    not strictly current yet, but this year's Vuelta leaders jersey. When i heard it was to be red, i thought "yes!" and when i saw it i thought "no!"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... eys/101770

cheetah skin?!?
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • Footon, Footon, and the Portugese Footon

I like the Sky one, they're like the black marauders when the train comes along.
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Thats bad but is it worse than Stade Francais' rugby kit:

http://boutique.stade.fr/boutique/liste_produits.cfm?type=19&code_lg=lg_fr&num=11
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Very "trendy".
  • Still no one beats that Footon kit for my money
  • northernneil
    mercsport wrote:

To an extent, I agree with you. But that would be, I'd suppose, because when faced with the immutable we become desensitized to ugliness. How else, for example, do we meekly accept the predations by the artless of 'modern' architecture and civic 'planning' up and down our land. We just don't notice after a while.

The parallels in modern 'art' are boundless. But am not about to write a book about it. Not yet anyway.

:? :? :? :?
  • Stade's kits are now classics :lol:
  • mercsport wrote:

Basically a pretentious way of saying the Columbia kit is a grower because you learn to live with it. Isn't it strange how simply using quotation marks can make someone look smug.
  • mercsport
    mercsport wrote:

Basically a pretentious way of saying the Columbia kit is a grower because you learn to live with it. Isn't it strange how simply using quotation marks can make someone look smug.

Aaaarghh !! :roll:

Yes, I did get carried away a bit. :oops: Sorry if it p'eed you off.
  • Not that anyone is asking, but I have two Fuji's, I love Fuji - I supported Toyota United and then Fuji Servetto when Fuji made the leap to title sponsor, especially since they took the cuban missile with them.... I had thought that there isn't much that would deter my appreciation for Fuji kit until I saw the hideousness of the Foot On kit. I can only hope it stays in Europe and never is seen here, because I would be forced to cover the 'Fuji' logos on my bikes with tape so as not to tar their beauty with the Foot On funky brush...... I think it could safely be elevated to two-bag ugly status, if only there was a way to get the team to ride with two bags instead......
  • Footon, Footon, and the Portugese Footon

I like the Sky one, they're like the black marauders when the train comes along.

+1
    JM
  • that jersey is god awful...
    399-Australia_Tour_Down_Under_Cycling.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

almost as bad as one of my teams more 'exotic' concoctions....
    football_shirt_2587_1_0x80x0.jpg
    be thankful i could only find a small .jpg of it
    :shudders:
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • almost as bad as one of my teams more 'exotic' concoctions....

be thankful i could only find a small .jpg of it
    :shudders:

Yikes! A three bagger! That looks like something found at trekkie conventions! Are you sponsored by Fuji, by any chance? :wink:
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    I like the footon kit. that red vuelta top looks like something a slag in teeside would wear.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    I like the footon kit.
    Burn him!!!
    Agree with you on the Vuelta GC top. Would pair nicely with a pair of tiger stripe leggings.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    and white stiletto's.on the footon top i just don't think its that bad, when you look at say the isd or miche tops
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799