stag party ideas??????

p60wer
p60wer Posts: 63
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Me and a few mates (around 10) are looking to go on a riding stag do around june- july this year and was wondering if anyone here had any good places in mind to go.im from blackwood s.wales were looking for a place with good riding and bike minded hotels.been told there are a few in afan but aint managed to find many details.any help would be great.
cheers

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Look at my website (link in my sig) for details on UK trail centres.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Just come back from my Stag Do in Wales, we stayed at Criccieth in North Wales and rode at Coed Y Brenin and also did the Marin Trail, great time pics on our website, link below

http://www.allthegearnoidea.net

Yorkshire & North East MTB
  • Matt N
    Matt N Posts: 160
    Go to the alps for some lazy downhill riding!? If money an issue then cyle there and sleep in a ditch! Or you could not listen to me... no one does :cry:

Seriously though, you could go up to scotland and do the 7 stane then go to fort bill for a bit of uplift and camp you'll have way more fun and save money. Good luck :D
    If calsberg made bikes... they'd probably be the best bikes in the world

’My Spesh’
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    Just don't go to Fort William, great riding, terrible night life.

You could maybe try Edinburgh, nice city and Glentress, Innerliethen are less than a hour away.
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • I've heard good things about this place...all natural riding

http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/index.html

Thinking of going myself soon
    Custom FS built around a Mongoose Otero frame
    CUBE Ltd Race
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    Cardiff, great night life (lots of tallent) and we all know Wales has good trails
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    THere was an article in MBR last year abot riding in Normandy. Sounded good. The pleace was run by brits and had some good guided routes on what they said was sweet single track with some stopping at or ending at little French bars :lol:

May be worth contacting the guys at MBR for contact details.

OR more local ... Camp at Glyncorrwg and ride there.

OR even more local ... stay at the Ceader Tree and ride Machen Mountain :wink:
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    Have you thought about hitting the Highlands?

My mate owns an awesome place up there: http://www.theinndalwhinnie.com - it's 20 minutes from Laggan Wolftrax, they arrange all sorts of activities from windsurfing, climbing and just about anything else, a really good restaurant and the Dalwhinnie whisky distillery is just 10 minutes' walk up the road.

Email calum@theinndalwhinnie.com and mention that Andy recommended you and no doubt he will look after you for a package deal!!

Andy
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    I had a great night out in Fort William tasting all the whiskies in one bar but that wasn't for a stag doooo.

Edinburgh could be a good shout but you'll need some transport to get back and forward to Glentress or Innerleithen.

Saw a stag party there late last year and the stag was dressed as a yellow chicken! Think they'd had a few beers beforehand as they seemed fearless over some of the drops/jumps that I didn't think they'd tackle.
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • Incorporate 7 Stanes with Fort William weekend 5th 6th June (off top of my head).
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,778
    p60wer wrote:
    looking for a place with good riding and bike minded hotels
    Amsterdam is very bike friendly and has loads of good 'riding' :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    go to the alps & visit le mans for the 24hr race

Go large
  • s.ammo
    s.ammo Posts: 16
    booze.tits.prague
  • s.ammo wrote:
    booze.tits.prague

Or the other way round Prague, booze, tits
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Central London for the booze and strippers part, then ride Esher shore and the downs for the riding bits.
  • On the cheap:

Blackpool, booze, tits.

Riding in the Lake district?

You can get dirt cheap B+B's all year round.
  • Glentress in the scottish borders would be ideal for you guys.Seen plenty dudes dressed up as fruit machines etc lol ripping it downhill.Theres the glentress hotel literally right next door which i think is totally set up for your needs.
    Plus your not too far from Edinburgh for a bit of drunken debauchery hehe.
    Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    How about Holland? Excellent downhilling options.

Or closer to home, Lincolnshire around Boston... :wink::lol::lol:
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    Lincolnshire is so flat the Ordnance Survey has started putting trig points on speed bumps!
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey