Tour Ride in the South West

124»

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    edited September 2010
    shakey88 wrote:
    When i looked at the times earlier they were in order of times.now they are in alphabetical order.
    How come?
    No idea, but if you import them into a spreadsheet you can rejig to your heart's content.

Never having done a sportive before, seeing the results has given me rather more confidence than I had on arrival at the start (especially the 45th place on the KoM), and I'll definitely be doing some more events like this. Now, I mustn't get addicted ... I've got other things that I ought to do...

EDIT - hmm, 45 seems to be a popular number - I think I've counted right ... taking three off the row number - oh, I see I'm equal 44th (KOM) on that count!
  • ads.
    ads. Posts: 4
    shakey88 wrote:
    Timings have now been published

Well done to everyone who completed the ride - feedback we have had so far has been great. Thanks for all your support.

http://www.tourride.co.uk/results.asp

When i looked at the times earlier they were in order of times.now they are in alphabetical order.
    How come?

It's not really a problem becuase you can just tell excel to sort by smallest to highest in the times column and then you get in time order.
  • markp2
    markp2 Posts: 162
    Found the main results. Pleased with my time. How do you get to the KOM times?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Genesis Croix de Fer - my new commuting mount
    Saracen Hytrail - the workhorse - now pensioned off
    Kinetic-One FK1 roadie - the fast one - hairy legs though!
    Cannondale Jekyll Lefty MTB - the muddy one which keeps tipping me into gorse bushes!
  • markp2 wrote:
    Found the main results. Pleased with my time. How do you get to the KOM times?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    The download link is just below the main results link on the results page ... but here's a quick link (if it works)
    http://www.tourride.co.uk/xls/2010-sout ... esults.xls
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    vorsprung wrote:
    I live near the middle section of the route.

I was busy that day and saw a small group of Yogi riders in Hemyock who were going well

Reports have reached me of a lot of riders pushing up hills. It is supposed to be a ride y'know. Only kidding :lol:

The hill with the hairpin near there nearly got me, hurled some abuse at it and scraped over :lol:

Monument Hill is probably the easiest way to get from Wellington to Hemyock
    But me and Mrs V are hoping that the hairpins at the top will slow up the Pros a little as that is where we are going to watch the Tour of Britain on the 14th
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    vorsprung wrote:
    I live near the middle section of the route.

I was busy that day and saw a small group of Yogi riders in Hemyock who were going well

Reports have reached me of a lot of riders pushing up hills. It is supposed to be a ride y'know. Only kidding :lol:

The hill with the hairpin near there nearly got me, hurled some abuse at it and scraped over :lol:

Monument Hill is probably the easiest way to get from Wellington to Hemyock
    But me and Mrs V are hoping that the hairpins at the top will slow up the Pros a little as that is where we are going to watch the Tour of Britain on the 14th
  • You should get some great pics there if it's not too congested, nasty surprise that bit :lol:

I'll be at Teignmouth i expect.
  • I'll be at Teignmouth i expect.
    I might go to Peak Hill, or alternatively might sit outside my local (The Bridge Inn at Topsham) with glass in hand.
  • Bagonabike
    Bagonabike Posts: 2,239
    :lol:
    I used up my quota of swearwords at that point but had to do it under my breath as a nice woman popped out of the bracken to offer encouragement!

It was great that even though I was almost lantern rouge there were still loads of people along the route cheering the stragglers on.
  • Mudcp
    Mudcp Posts: 103
    Edindevon wrote:

In the photos of unidentified riders, there are a startling amount with no numbers, and it looks like no chips.
    ==================

"No amount of poetry could mend this broken heart.
    But you can push the hoover round if you want to make a start"
  • I didn't realise it before, but I see that Ned Boulting did the ride, as he referred to it on the first TOB highlights show. I guess they may include some coverage of this when they show the stage on Tuesday.

It looks like he must have done media work along the way, as his overall time is not at all impressive. However, he's obviously a pretty serious cyclist, because his time on the Peak Hill KOM section was the 37th best.

Edindevon
  • His wheel collapsed mid route,don't know how much time he lost cos of that though.
  • Well, the pros didn't find it easy today (and they didn't have a south-easterly in their faces all day) ... well behind ETAs (almost an hour, I think) and the back-markers a good 20 minutes behind the leaders! Still fast for a tough stage though. I wonder if they are looking forward to riding up Pork Hill tomorrow.

A good crowd at Peak Hill, though a lot of them went before the straggling group of 20 or so (including Bradley Wiggins) went through. I'm looking forward to seeing the TV report later!
  • yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    Pork Hill and Merrivale are very early in the stage, I don't think it'll be a problem for them. We'll be watching at the top of Merrivale.

Anyone see the Yogi's on TV tonight?
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    Saw Wiggins in Plymouth earlier entering his hotel, he looked very tired but was very polite and happy to pose for a picture. In fairness, he could have just woken up from sleeping on the coach etc.

I'm not a groupie, it just happens that the hotel that is housing all of the riders is on my route home!

Got today on Sky + so will look out for the Yogi's when I watch!
  • markp2
    markp2 Posts: 162
    Quite good coverage of our amateur ride on ITV4 last night. Yogis featured for a bit. I was on Peak Hill with my commuter bike. Spotted the bike on the helicopter picture but not me!
    If anyone was wondering why a Police helcopter was hovering over Sidmouth when the Tour came through, there was an armed robbery at the Anchor Pub at the time. Probably not a good day to choose - road closures must have limited the getaway possibilities unless the thief was wearing Lycra and joined the peloton!!

I hope the chap in the man-kini and union flag at Peak Hill wasn't a member on here!.

Does anyone know how to get the KOM times for yesterdays stage so we can see just how much faster the pros are than us?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Genesis Croix de Fer - my new commuting mount
    Saracen Hytrail - the workhorse - now pensioned off
    Kinetic-One FK1 roadie - the fast one - hairy legs though!
    Cannondale Jekyll Lefty MTB - the muddy one which keeps tipping me into gorse bushes!
  • shakey88 wrote:
    His wheel collapsed mid route,don't know how much time he lost cos of that though.
    Ned Boulting said in the coverage he lost an hour and a half, so it takes his time to something under 9 hours.
    markp2 wrote:
    Does anyone know how to get the KOM times for yesterdays stage so we can see just how much faster the pros are than us?
    I'd guess they were round the 4'30" posted by the Rapha pros on the Tour Ride day, but yes, it would be interesting to see them from the race itself.