Specialized Globe Vienna

nj_1
nj_1 Posts: 2
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Hello

Does anybody own a Specialized Globe Vienna? I commute about 30 miles a day, I did have a specialized sirrus but got mangled by a car! I really like the sirrus, but fancied something a bit different.
If you have a vienna could you give me an honest review!!!!!!

Anyone got any other ideas on good commuter bikes remember it needs to do 30 miles a day. Not a city bike!

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    You riding on road? or off, or both?

My missus and I looked at the Globe when she was buying, and I have a friend who has the 07 version. Ungainly would be my verdict, heavy and ungainly. Also, confused by your City Bike comment - isn't that exactly what the Globe is?
    Globe is a brand of bicycles that have the unique ability to become an extension of people’s lifestyles and personal tastes, rather than simply a piece of sporting equipment. The bikes are inspired by and designed for urban cyclists, commuters, city dwellers, the progressively minded and the eco-conscious
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    You wanna get a Specialized Vita Elite you does :wink:
  • I've got a Globe Comp IG8, with the hub gears. Globes are definitely city bikes.

It is ponderous and yes, ungainly is a good word,

That said, I have abused it a fair bit (I also do all my food shopping on it and have really loaded it up over the years) and it just keeps going despite me not really looking after it. It's sturdy but not sprightly.

I ride it to work to keep maintenance down on my better bike and also because it is less desirable to thieves if I lock it up outside the pub or whatever. But my commute is only 5 miles each way. For 30 miles on road I'd have a road bike.