Salt

BiggerBoat
BiggerBoat Posts: 168
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
I am quite particular about bike maintenance. I actually like it and keep on top of it on a regular basis. Having said that, in the last few weeks I swear I can see corrosion happening in real time! I had a really good inspection the other day in good light, f-me! It has to be all the salt water; it's like riding under the sea.
We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
Trek Madone 5.2
Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Salt! On your roads? Get out of here. :wink:
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just had to replace the daughters chain, so rusty a rim of rusty gunge was building up on the jockey wheels!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    So it's all in Cheshire is it? Right as soon as this mornings bruises have gone down i'm off with me bucket! Not seen a bit of it around here all winter.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    BiggerBoat wrote:
    I am quite particular about bike maintenance. I actually like it and keep on top of it on a regular basis. Having said that, in the last few weeks I swear I can see corrosion happening in real time! I had a really good inspection the other day in good light, f-me! It has to be all the salt water; it's like riding under the sea.

Smile you son of a b itch :P

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • Thanks Andy! ROLF :o . As for Cheshire and Salt we are on top of one of the largest salt deposits in the UK. If they swept the roads around here the rest of the country might have enough! I just saw a car disolve into rust.
    We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
    Trek Madone 5.2
    Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)
  • bill_gates
    bill_gates Posts: 469
    edited January 2010
    I hear that there is a website called saltforcash.com where you can send in your old road-salt for a cash payment.

The service is apparently very safe to use and salt to a particular value is ensured in the post. You may also find that shops in the local shopping centres will also have salforcash outlets where you can queue up with old road-salt to get a cash payment.

Cilla Black is apparently in the process of recording adverts for daytime TV for this new venture.

The public can very soon become very cash-rich by flogging off the long treasured family salt.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • Salt will do that...
    Cervelo Soloist
    Cervelo P2 (Carbon)
    Trek 4500
    some sort of cx bike

It's not that cold out, it's just a bit windy.

http://www.ridecalgary.blogspot.com

www.bikecalgary.org