no, MY bike is the best....

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited January 2010 in MTB general
has anyone else noticed, that it is a very rare occurance for someone to dis their bike, or to not recomend their bike should someone be loking for a bike of a similar type and price....
i do it too...
£800 to spend on a tough trail HT with 140mm of travel...?
GT Aggressor.
Supersonic will inevitably recomend a GT zaskar for everything from a XC world champs, to the redbull rampage...
and i know that Sheepsteeth will say that whatever you want/need, spech have the answer....

it is funny, but it also shows something quite intersting... There are very few truly bad bikes out there, sure, some people dont like their bikes, or have some isue with it, but very few really dont like their bike and wish they had bought something diferent...
it really shows that, no matter what bike you have, its the riding that will make you enjoy it, not whether it is running the newest, lowest front end, or the blingest, purple-y-est brakes, and that there really is very few properly junk bikes out there, yes, some are better than others, but there is always one totaly satisfied customer....
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It is very rare I actually recommend Zaskars as I don't think the recent ones are good value, and are an acquired taste.
  • joshtp
    OH please! come on! your always banging on about your zaskars light but tough awsomeness!
    anyway, im only Joking.... everyone knows your love of all things GT is a bit of a forum joke, not that your alone, im pretty GT mad myself!
    serioulsy though... you really do like your zaskar dont you!?!?!?
    :wink::lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    its not a particularly common thing for me to recommend a specialized to someone. i just like em and if you look at my history, ive owned plenty of other brands.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    supersonic wrote:
    It is very rare I actually recommend Zaskars as I don't think the recent ones are good value, and are an acquired taste.

you make them sound like over-priced marmite. :wink:
  • joshtp
    biff55 wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

you make them sound like over-priced marmite. :wink:
    :lol:
    and sheep. ye, OK, i supose you dont always have spech's, but you do like them, and you do have alot....
    im only joking anyway....
    im in a good mood tonight... im formulating a devious and extremely exiting plan.... :twisted:
    well, maybe not devious.....
    but it is exiting!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    my felt company logo avatar in no way reflects any brand alligance.
    :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Of course I like them or I wouldn't ride them! ;-)

GT though for 2010 have gone up a lot in price, more than many other makes and, what was always a well priced, tough, light trail weapon looks poor value next to to some of the opposition.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I dont as you cant get them in the UK easily.

:wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    the 5th choice should be "i know coveting someone elses mtb is really wrong, thankfully when I look at my own mtb and remember how much I spent on it i truly am content with my mtb" :lol: i hate complaining.
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    i.m glad some else likes there GT's .
    Dont really see any about in the world of specailized sundays at cannock
    got my XC1 last year when first started proper mtb'ing,feels brill ,though dont really have anythin to compair it too.Though impressed by what its been through so far,and really :lol: when i go past folk on better equipt gear.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46017485@N07/
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    has anyone else noticed, that it is a very rare occurance for someone to dis their bike, or to not recomend their bike should someone be loking for a bike of a similar type and price....
    i do it too...

Which is why rider reviews should always be taken with a pinch of salt!
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    I have to say I love my IFT, but as I brought almost every individual component and built it myself I'd be pretty p*ssed if I didn't like it! Can't really recommend it as the the frame is 2 years old and the current spec is quite different to mine, it's not something you could just go out and buy (another reason I like it).

The Wolfridge I like a lot and it's great pointing straight and epic when pointing down, but it's hard work on the ups (especially after riding the IFT!) . I certainly recommend it, but only at the heavily discounted price I got it for (Marin's RRPs seem a bit high to me) as you can get lighter AM bikes for the same money.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    well my maxlight isnt bad really, altho all my riding mates think its a pile of shite, the forks arent great and im not the best mechanic in the world so it often goes wrong, but it has a personality, and i have to say that whenever i think "why am i riding this poo bag" it pulls out all the stops and thoroughly amazes me. still think that FS is the next step for me tho, just gotta get one now :roll:
  • R2 D2
    R2 D2 Posts: 34
    My inbred is great. Except I need a new drivetrain, and some new tyres, oh and I might change seatpost and saddle(again). I still like it though.
    I am eyeing up a nice stumpy fsr though!
  • Meh, the 456 is a great frame, and represents outstanding VFM, but it's built to a budget, cobbled together using bits I had lying round. As such, it was never going to be my dream build.

Works ok for me and what I use it for though.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Totally love my bike, it's the nicest bike I've owned to date, and I'm very happy with it at the moment, apart from I'm wanting some Hope M4's at some point, instead of my Juicy Carbons (lol, if anyone wants to swap, let me know!! :lol: )

There are a few other things I'd like to change on it, but very minor, like some more red bling (pedals, jockey wheels, headset, seatclamp, maybe bolts, etc.. nothing that will radically affect performance, just me being a tart)

I'd recommend the Mount Vision any day though, as I personally think they are amazing bikes, but agree with Mac&Cheese, the RRP is pretty steep, especially for 2010 (luckily, I also got mine for a good price)
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    not whether it is running the newest, lowest front end, or the blingest, purple-y-est brakes

I love that purple is a measure of awesome...

my bike is way more purple than yours 8)

there's actually no purple on it at all though :(
  • Im happy with my Demo on the basis if its good enough for Sam Hill its good enough for me!! And i love how it looks!!

The Big Hit is a thing of beauty in my eye :D

And my P2 is a good enough hardtail for me does its job fine...even did a 7 mile XC ride on it :?
    80 x 80 is not enough pixels!!!!

http://www.monzaautomotive.com/

My bikes and a few riding pics http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12673633
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    :D I don't need to reccomend my bike to anyone! most people in my club have the same bike just different versions/year
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!