RP23 2010 on scott spark

c.kempy
c.kempy Posts: 48
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Hi just fitted a 2010 RP23 with boost valve on to my heavily upgraded 2008 spark 30, 22.3lb.
The old shock had done well after 2500miles but was getting to bouncy and squishy and always felt very inefficient. Im guessing air had got into the oil chamber.
Anyway the new new shock is a massive improvement. I have just set the sag to 8-10mm and set the propedal on level 1. There has been no to change it even over the rough its just very controlled in all situations. Although the linkage can be seen bobbing about 5mm max under heavy pedaling, there is absolutey no feel of bobbing through the bike, feels very efficient. For anyone expecting zero movement from a rear shock, buy the scale hardtail.
I thought i would miss the lockout lever but now realize this was only required because the original shock is like riding a undamped spring.
The best news is Mojo UK have just reduced the price to £299 due to the exchange rate and my LBS done a bit of discount on that. Its also 75grams lighter than the original shock.

Also a quick fix for anyone with a missing DT Nude lever spring. Barclays bank where giving away some cheap blue plastic pens. The spring inside these cut in half is a perfect replacement, just a dab of superglue to hold it in place. Im sure other pens have similar springs.

Comments