Replacement tyres for better half's Saracen Zena22

N0bodyOfTheGoat
N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,044
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Some of you may recall my moment of madness just before Xmas, where I really got suckered in by the CRC sales and bought a variety of 26" tyres, to be used by either the Saracen Zena2 or my Pylon8.

My better half has used her Zena2 less than five times since last March, down to issues including:-
Its many years since she last rode a bike
Her confidence on road riding is very low (she can have panic attacks when moving cars are around, especially if on her side of the road)
Her exercise fitness levels are low, she does no regular aerobic exercise
Consequently, her stamina is poor (needs rest every five or so minutes)

My sister visited over the weekend and we set off to do ~5 mile off-road circuit, only for the rear 2.1" SpeedKing to have a visit from the PF half way around!

So here is the choices and quantities of each tyre I already have at home...
2x 2.15" Big Apples
2x 2.35" Crazy Bobs
1x 1.9" Land Cruiser
1x 2.0" Hurricane

Given that when she does use her bike, it will be pretty much 95% off-road, which front/rear combo do you think I should fit?

Personally, I'm tempted to fit either both Crazy Bobs (although they seem to have poor traction in wet weather, which may not be an issue, given that I doubt she would ever go out in such conditions), or do the Land Cruiser for the rear and the Hurricane for the front (for an any conditions all-rounder combo).

I did buy the Big Apples for her, but I'm now not so sure they would be fit for anything but dry summer days on very solid off-road ground, along with tarmac whenever.

Penny for your thoughts, heck might throw in ten pennies ;)

OOPS, thought I was posting in General :oops:
================
2020 Voodoo Marasa
2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
2016 Voodoo Wazoo