HOPE 2 Lights

James23
James23 Posts: 113
edited January 2010 in MTB general
HI There

Just a quick question i got my lights on boxing day. Unfortantly i have not been able to get out on the bike due to the snow.

So tonight i am going out to see what my very first night ride is like one.. :lol::lol::lol:

I charged them on boxing day and tested them they have been in there box. Since last night and it did not take 3 minutes to turn from orange to green.

I am hoping they be fine for tonight and have a full charge :roll: :roll:

Cheers

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    The Vision 2 battery is very good. I was a bit cagey with mine at first because I wasn't sure what the run time would be but basically it's good for at least 2hrs on one down from max and unused it stays in an almost fully charged condition for weeks. A few minutes boost while it goes from orange to green and it's good to go.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    I can second that the battery is very good, I use mine for commuting everyday and despite forgetting to charge it sometimes it has never let me down..and as .blitz said it rarely loses much charge when not used.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • James23
    Thanks .blitz and MacAndCheese in your experience what’s the beam quality like regarding distance and brightness.

Cheers J
  • .blitz
    It doesn't turn night into day but it's not bad. There are bigger, brighter and less expensive lights but for 7/10 riding off-road, fit & forget, it's perfect. It has a good spread but not too much penetration :wink:

Bar-mounted, you will have to experiment with the angle to find what works best for you.
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    I used to have one and the batterys good as per what other people have said

I found it most effective helmet mounted, Although it became a right bastwerd in mist/dust !

Upgraded to a 4 Now and loving it 8)
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • James23
    Wow I just want to say I really enjoyed my ride last night. Those Hope 2 lights are brilliant and I have broken my night riding virginity lol.

I think I might go out tonight I enjoyed it that much :lol:
    :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

Cheers J
  • .blitz
    It's good fun eh? :D

The Vision 2 is also great to carry with you in the Spring and Autumn when the twilight hours are longer. Enough light to keep your speed up when threading through the trees and more than enough for the ride back home on the road.
  • James23
    i was amazed a the brightness of them. I was on some fire roads and had them on the highest setting.

It was like having a flood light tide to my handle bars. Then had them on the first setting for the roads.

Really do HOPE i have tie tonight to go out. :lol: