The mind is willing but my legs are made of jelly

Razer_MTB
Razer_MTB Posts: 361
edited January 2010 in Health, fitness & training
Hi folks, had only been out on the a couple of times in the past 3 months due to various things (broken lights, chest infection and overtime at work).

Went out for a blast earlier with the local bike club, and ended up letting them go on ahead while i found a flatter route just to put some miles in as my legs had turned to jelly after not much time at all. Cant believe how much fitness i have lost (ok, the all day skiing trip yesterday probably didnt help much).

How much time did it take others to get back to an 'acceptable' level of fitness after a lengthy layoff from the bike?
whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons

Comments

• I had a 3 month lay off (injury+skingrafts) at the back end of 08 and never really got going again until july. That was partly down to me never finding/making time.
    I have noticed that a week or 2 off doesnt make much difference. Then again I do a physical job and I am not in the greatest peak of fitness. just enough to enjoy.

I'd put it all down to the skiing.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!