2011 Kit

Andy
Andy Posts: 8,207
edited January 2010 in MTB general
What do you guys reckon will be in store from the big boys next year?

Do you think Shimano will follow suit with a 10 speed MTB groupset?
What will SRAM's next step be? 10 Speed further down the scale perhaps?

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    I reckon that 2011 will be the year of 10speed right down to SLX level, with some uber bling from XTR & some function over form from Sram.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Andy
    I also think Shimano will bring out a dual ring crank aimed at racers to compete with the SRAM XX groupset.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    :lol::lol: lol somethin tells me shimano aint happy with us mtber's :lol:

i reckon loads of people will start running single front chainrings and wide ratio 11-36 casettes 8) and xtr and xt will look the bomb
  • I think X0 will have a 10 speed rear block with a alloy large ring.
  • lawman
    a black large ring :lol::lol::lol:
  • I also think XTR will be available with 10x2 and 10x3 options and the shifters and mechs might still be cable pull.
  • lawman
    hmmmm havent see any shifters so we might see some di2 style shifters i reckon. i think xt will get a carbon rear mech cage too. i reckon they might have some awesome new brake technology to shop off too, i was never a fan of servo wave tbh
  • My bad, thought i had seen shifters.
  • lawman
    i can see a few manufacturers being brave and producing light weight, slack angled shortish travel bikes. loads of people seem to want one me included. something like a zesty or meta but slacker
  • I think there will be bikes. With kit on. That do/does exactly the same as what we have now only it will be more expensive.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    I think there will be bikes. With kit on. That do/does exactly the same as what we have now only it will be more expensive.

if its more expensive then it has to better , right ?
    so long as it keeps the marketing men in jobs , its worth the extra.
    :wink:
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Flippin eck, I'm still trying to get to grips with the 2010 kit :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Andy
    scale20 wrote:
    Flippin eck, I'm still trying to get to grips with the 2010 kit :lol::lol:

Sorry its a joke based on something earlier!
  • lawman
    in all seriousness, bikes may come down in price, i say may, but it could happen
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I doubt it!

I Don't really keep on top of bike prices if I'm not out to buy however the other day i noticed a pricetag on a 2010 EX8, 2K. I remember when I was looking in 2008 they were £1600, £200 a year increase. Will next years be £2,200??
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • I think Fox will tweek their forks again, the magazines will say the new damper is sooo much better than the 2010 model and award it 10/10, just like they did last year and the year before and the year before and th........
  • bigmart
    bigmart Posts: 87
    I'm sure Fox and SRAM will be working on electronic damping systems for focks in a similar vain to the cannondale SIMON system, it will be a race to be first to the market with a viable, reliable system on that
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    bigmart wrote:
    I'm sure Fox and SRAM will be working on electronic damping systems for focks in a similar vain to the cannondale SIMON system, it will be a race to be first to the market with a viable, reliable system on that

so will follow years of crap, notchy, heavy, unreliable forks and shocks until in 10 years time someone makes a break through. i hope not!
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • clarkson wrote:
    bigmart wrote:

so will follow years of crap, notchy, heavy, unreliable forks and shocks until in 10 years time someone makes a break through. i hope not!

And that break through will be..... ELASTOMERS :lol::lol:
  • It is a fact that there wil be an xtr 20 or 30 speed option. Carbon xc rims from stans perhaps. i agree that there may be an electronic shifting option soon for xtr.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    lawman wrote:
    i can see a few manufacturers being brave and producing light weight, slack angled shortish travel bikes. loads of people seem to want one me included. something like a zesty or meta but slacker

or the 456 summer season?
  • In 2011 bikes will have air bags!! Its the future anything could happen :lol:
    80 x 80 is not enough pixels!!!!

http://www.monzaautomotive.com/

My bikes and a few riding pics http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12673633
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    clarkson wrote:
    bigmart wrote:

And that break through will be..... ELASTOMERS :lol::lol:
    :lol:
    i can see it know....
    "the bigest breakthrough in suspention technology in 10 years!!!!"
    forget fox FIT and Black box, a piece of rubber is where its at...
    I like bikes and stuff