RPCC Ride - 23rd / 24th Jan

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Come on peeps, let's see if we can get the crowds together again for this shall we?!

That said, I plan on racing on Saturday and have plans on Sunday so I for one am unlikely to make an appearance – nothing like setting an example is there?...! :roll: :lol:

It really would be good to see this get up and running again though, and I’m sure (like me) you all have a renewed gusto to get training and get fit again for sportives / races / holidays / etc that you may have coming up? This ride served a few of us extremely well last year and set me up perfectly for my string of sportives – getting it going again would be a massive help!

There’s been a definite drop-off in attendance over recent months and I for one am guilty for not showing my face – be nice to see those 15-strong crowds again though eh? Come on, where are we all hiding?! ;)

So, for those of you heading out, here's the usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as Sunday might be favoured
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped (unless a 'hoonfest' is on the cards)
:arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-30mins)
I say it every week, but it remains true so I won't stop: As ever we'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! 8)

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick “hello!” and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time (i.e. 9:30am, based on the normal start time) so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend? :shock: 8)

Comments

• homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Will be skiing, which should be awesome, so I'm out.

Rich - were you coming down Queen's Rd from Richmond Park yesterday evening around 7.30pm-ish? I was halfway across the junction with Upper Richmond Rd on my bike when I looked left and saw someone I thought could have been you. Couldn't be sure (and it has been a long time!) but if it was, hello!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    I reckon it probably was me - timing and location are right!
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Can't make it this weekend but need to start getting the miles in after a few weeks taking it easy. I should be out the weekend after if anyone is around (and the weather is not totally crap).
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    I'm tempted for Saturday - off to Oz on Monday for three weeks sans bike so fancy getting a couple of rides in this weekend!
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    patchy wrote:
    I'm tempted for Saturday - off to Oz on Monday for three weeks sans bike so fancy getting a couple of rides in this weekend!

Aus will be brilliant shame you are not bringing your bike. I took mine home over December and got some awesome riding in and a tan too. Beats the winter gear one has to put on around here.

I will probably do my first ride since coming back to the UK with the Dynamo park ride if it is still on. Sunday too will be a no show for me.
  • patchy
    i know, but seeing as i'm heading over to see my girlfriend, who i haven't seen in five months the chances of getting out on my bike (or anywhere, for that matter) are slim...
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    patchy wrote:
    i know, but seeing as i'm heading over to see my girlfriend, who i haven't seen in five months the chances of getting out on my bike (or anywhere, for that matter) are slim...

Enjoy the ride! :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • As I can't make my sunday clubrun, is anyone keen on a long training run through the Surrey hills on Saturday. Hopefully the rain forecast for tomorrow and the, dare I say it, balmy weather should clear up any remaining ice.

Brian
  • patchy
    I'm out, by the way... i've got a bunch of stuff i need to do before heading off on monday. I'll be lucky to get out with the local guys on Sunday...
  • Rich/everyone, will be out soon... for now the weather has driven me to running!