Evil Sect?

ashfanman
ashfanman Posts: 186
edited January 2010 in MTB general
There was a lot of talk about this bike last summer, with Bike Radar doing that video interview with Kevin Smith at Interbike, but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet.

Does anyone have any new info (UK price and release date in particular) or shots of the production-spec frame?

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    not heard much tbh

i wanna hear something cos the LBS is looking for new stuff to stock :) now i work ther might be able to persuade them :lol:
  • ashfanman
    That's the thing - there doesn't appear to be anything to stock yet. They were originally supposed to be ready by Summer 09, then the last I heard was December 09. It all just seems to have gone very quiet.

I had heard something about Evil having problems with the swingarms on Revolt frames - maybe that's led to a production delay while they sort it out?
  • lawman
    ive heard that it may be spring 2010, spoke to a guy from silverfish last year and he seemed to think that spring would be when to expect it
  • lawman
    tbh i reckon as nice as it will be adn probably damn exclusive. it'll be bloody expensive. i reckon around the 2 grand mark. get a zesty instead :lol:
  • ashfanman
    You're almost certainly right, but I'm happy to wait out to at least see what it's like before I make my mind up. If not a Sect it'll probably either be a Zesty or a Blur LT. I'll start testing properly in the summer to see what feels right, so hopefully the Sect will be around by then (although I reckon I'm going to struggle to find test bikes, but that's another matter...)
  • lawman
    the guys from silverfish are pretty good, theres a test at rutland water in around april time, might as well go along and see if its there, can still ride somethin else if its not
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    I'm considering picking one up in the US in spring if they've got production sorted (and I like the test ride).
  • lawman
    Atz wrote:
    I'm considering picking one up in the US in spring if they've got production sorted (and I like the test ride).

i might go to france nad get a zesty actually, might work out cheaper, otherwise i my have to wait till they bring out the 2011 stuff :(
  • The sect is nowhere to be seen on their webby!
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    The Revolt looks fantastic but I didn't go anywhere that had a test one that I could justify riding a big bike like that. Given they've got a number of new bikes (including some road/city bikes) coming soon, I suspect the website will get a facelift in one big go.
  • ashfanman
    There's a bit about the Sect and the Division (the 160mm AM bike that is being worked on alongside the Sect) in the news section, but nothing on the homepage. Then again, there's not even a proper page for the Sovereign, which is out.

The Revolt looks like an amazing bike (possibly the best looking downhill bike around, I reckon, with the Intense 951), but I don't need anything anywhere near that burly. The Sect looks like it would be spot on, though - 140mm travel, slack (and adjustable) angles... Nice. The only problem, as Lawman suggests, is likely to be the price.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi chaps,

According to Silverfish the Sect won't be available until Summer time 2010.

ta!

Matt