North London Cycle Point

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Conveniently located only a short distance north of the City of London, construction has begun on this first Dutch style cycle point. If successful, hopefully we'll get more of them either nearer to central London or even on the further outskirts of London.

Hopefully this will increase the overall take up of cycling in London and other places other than London if, indeed, there are any :lol:
Me wrote:
Apparently construction has begun :shock: I hope the other cycle developments planned for Leeds happen as well.

Anyway, lets hope this works and is then applied to other big stations around the UK. If it improves our lamentably poor rate of cyle journeys (see table in the brochure - we can't blame it all on a few hilly cities) it will be worth every penny of the cost.

http://www.northernrail.org/pdfs/press/Cyclepoint_Brochure.pdf
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Rolf F wrote:
    Apparently construction has begun :shock: I hope the other cycle developments planned for Leeds happen as well.

Anyway, lets hope this works and is then applied to other big stations around the UK. If it improves our lamentably poor rate of cyle journeys (see table in the brochure - we can't blame it all on a few hilly cities) it will be worth every penny of the cost.

http://www.northernrail.org/pdfs/press/Cyclepoint_Brochure.pdf

"NedRailways"!!! Are they collaborating with SPT to target the Buckie-drinking market?

Cheers,
    W.
  • rolf_f
    "NedRailways"!!! Are they collaborating with SPT to target the Buckie-drinking market?

Cheers,
    W.

Lol - not exactly the Orient Express image they are going for........
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I see what you've done there. Very clever.
  • rolf_f
    _Brun_ wrote:

Well I thought so but obviously not - they're too clever to fall for it :lol:
  • EC2boy
    EC2boy Posts: 37
    Where's the cycle point based? I can't find out anything about it. Would be good to find out more. Thanks
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Rolf F wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Well I thought so but obviously not - they're too clever to fall for it :lol:
    Never lose faith.
  • What is it?
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000