Club sponsorship

incog24
incog24 Posts: 549
edited January 2010 in Amateur race
If a club chooses to register as a commercial team and have a sponsor in their name, does this have any impact on what events club members can enter? It seems like a quite sensible approach if it means sponsorship revenue can be maintained without members having to buy kit each year. Has anyone any experience of doing this?
Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Not as far as I know.
    My team has company sponsors and logo on the kit, it just has to be listed when the team is registered.
    I have ridden LVRC, BCF road and track, no issues at all.
  • Just in the process of affiliating my club with BC, as oldwelsman sid, you declare your sponsors and pay a fee to have them on your kit and that's that, no restrictions on events etc...

exercise.png
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    I think the OP is talking about the club actually incorporating the sponsors name into it (for example Tesco Wheelers). I still don't think this would limit what races can be enetered though as entries are based on individual riders categories.
  • oldwelshman
    Pross wrote:
    I think the OP is talking about the club actually incorporating the sponsors name into it (for example Tesco Wheelers). I still don't think this would limit what races can be enetered though as entries are based on individual riders categories.
    Still the same as my original answer :D
    Most sponsor want name in team and name on kit, so you just have to register it and pay for each one.
  • oldwelshman
    Pross wrote:
    Still the same as my original answer :D
    Most sponsor want name in team and name on kit, so you just have to register it and pay for each one.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    Yep, we used to ride as Abergavenny RC - MIMO and were known by everyone as MIMO. No limitation on what races we could enter. I assumed that would still be the case but I've been out of things for a while.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Cheers guys for the reply. I think we're going to go down this route in the future. Its a win win situation, we end up paying less for kit, and the sponsor gets more exposure. Job done :).
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • Just make sure that you don't lose some of what you gain. Make sure your sponsorship covers the extra affilition fees, they start to stack up if you affiliate to several bodies.

CTT charge an additional £50 for sponsorship on a jersey
    BC charge £62 per sponsor up to maximum £248 (ie 4 or more sponsors) If your club is commerically named then you pay £175 compared to the normal £88.

We're quite a small club and get sponsored by our lbs. We're already CTC & CTT affiiliated and looking at BC too. That will end up costing us an extra £90 in CTT and BC affliation fees each year on top of all the base fees. :(