Robbie McEwen - legend.

teagar
teagar Posts: 2,100
edited January 2010 in Pro race
Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Good stuff!

For me he gained legend status when he crossed the line at the end of the Alpe d'Huez time trial at the 2004 Tour - pulling a one-handed wheelie while mopping his brow with the other hand. Amazing stuff, especially since the finish straight is on a fairly steep bit of road as well!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • teagar
    DaveyL wrote:
    Good stuff!

For me he gained legend status when he crossed the line at the end of the Alpe d'Huez time trial at the 2004 Tour - pulling a one-handed wheelie while mopping his brow with the other hand. Amazing stuff, especially since the finish straight is on a fairly steep bit of road as well!

I've heard he does that at the top of every mountain top finish.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    teagar wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Good stuff!

It's easy to wheelie uphill, lets see him do it down the other side :twisted: :wink:

Edited to sort out spelling, what's wrong with me at the moment? :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • teagar
    prawny wrote:
    teagar wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Good stuff!

It's easy to wheelie uphill, lets see him do it down the other side :twisted: :wink:

I'd like to see you do it after 200km of Alps, at the back end of 3 weeks of the hardest fought road race of the year :twisted:
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Robbie signed a shirt for me at the hotel after the last stage of the TdF 2008.
    Mr Cadel Evans refused.
    Robbie.. - friend of my old Boss, Shane Sutton - is a Top Guy!!!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    teagar wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    teagar wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Good stuff!

I'd like to see you do it after 200km of Alps, at the back end of 3 weeks of the hardest fought road race of the year :twisted:

Now that is a challenge I'd love to take you up on. I'd fail of course but It'd be fun trying.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    teagar wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Good stuff!

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfEx9SzPtAo