MadammeMarie Posts: 621
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat

Comments

• Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Used to live in Reading - it hardly surprises me... :(
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Tis a shame. I dont see how anyone could leave someone lying there. :?

I was reading the BEP this morning online and it appears someone suffered severe head injuries around that way too. http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/homepage ... ticle.html

Dear christ, some of those comments. :roll:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    My God. That Mike Ford is a prize cock isn't he?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    My God. That Mike Ford is a prize fool isn't he?

Appears they've removed the really abusive and disgusting comment he left there earlier this morning. :? I dont know how some people get away with writing stuff like that. Anytime someone is seriously injured the papers should take a zero comment line as this just fuels anger and enflames the trolls' passions. It would be more respectful to those concerned also.

Redvee comes from that way doesnt he? Hope it wasnt anyone he knows. Hope both cyclists make full recoveries too
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    I live just outside Reading and regularly cycle in/out of town. Mostly it's OK, but occasionally there's some truly appalling driving. The road where the accident happened is fairly busy so surely someone will have seen it and will hopefully report the b@stard.

I've just ordered a hideously fluorescent Night Vision jecket to increase my chances in the murky weather and at the several roundabouts I have to cross - those are where I've had most of my close shaves.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the cyclist who got hit this morning, and the one in Bristol.
    Misguided Idealist