An open letter to Chain Reaction

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited January 2010 in MTB general
My brother ordered some vouchers for me for Xmas and they still haven't arrived. Despite me and him trying to get in touch with them via e-mail and phone, we have not heard anything from CRC so I'm posting this letter to them in the hope that they will read it:

Order Ref No : 3400920
Dear Sir or Madam,
On 20th December 2009 I ordered Chain Reaction Gift Vouchers using my credit card. Having received my card statement I see the amount was debited on 21st December.

Unfortunately to date I have yet to receive the vouchers which, as you can imagine, was very disappointing for my brother who had asked specifically for your vouchers as he buys parts from you on a regular basis.

To make this situation worse I have now emailed you 4 times and tried to contact you by phone 3 times but just get a recorded message telling me to use the internet, so all in all I have not been able to contact you at all hence the last resort of a letter.

I would very much like you to do one of the following options:

a) contact me by phone
b) contact me by email
c) cancel my order and credit my card account
d) send the vouchers and email me to advise when they will arrive

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

I don't normally have a problem with CRC but this time the order seems to have slipped through the net :?

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Had a similar problem, my brother in law order me some vouchers before Christmas, only turned up last week and he still hasn't sent them on to me :x
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    Ouch.... just ordered some stuff from them too....

Best not have hassle or we will have to send the lads around haha
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Had a similar problem, my brother in law order me some vouchers before Christmas, only turned up last week and he still hasn't sent them on to me :x

You should send him a snotty letter like the one above... :D
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forums/vie ... sc&start=0

I see its not just me having problems with them,i ordered after christmass using vouchers,and they had screwed up at every availble chance, been charged for stuff that was on the voucher, cancelled items,no response from emails, faulty parts, twice.
    still waiting a appology of some sort.
  • .blitz apologies for that, will get it sorted straight away.
  • .blitz
    Much appreciated Andy.
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    do you think some at crc could respond to my email i sent them too
    Order no 3429934 and 100114837
    plus email sent on the 14 jan
  • bamba, gettign someone to look into that for you.
  • tightbarsteward
    tightbarsteward Posts: 123
    edited January 2010
    I love the power of the internet for naming and shaming bad customer service!

I recently had a problem with 0800Sports who didn't send me the SealSkinz gloves I ordered and then when I asked for a refund just didnt bother to do it. So I named and shamed them on the biggest consumer forum on the web and hey presto I had been refunded within 24 hours!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Andy@CRC

I think its great that you've shown up on here. I'm sure you will get lots of questions and possibly more customers?

Well done you.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Got to agree with VW, nice one Andy.
    Great to see people like you, Brant and even C.Boardman on here, for sure makes a bit lifeless company much more personal! :D
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • I've had exceptional service from CRC over Christmas & New Year (and the last week or so too - yup, been ordering a few bits). All parts delivered within two working days (sometime quicker). So here's some praise from me :)
  • Have been using CRC for a few years now and always received exceptional service, nice to see that if things do go pear shaped they hold their hands up,good on ya Andy.
    Hope you get it sorted .blitz............ 8)
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Must admit Ive used CRC for a few things and cant remember any problems at all, plus most people on here rate them so the instances above sound very unlike CRC
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • Sloper
    Sloper Posts: 141
    I've bought a few bits from CRC in the past with no problems, until last week.
    I ordered a few inner-tubes. They arrived in good time and were perfect in every way, except they were the wrong size and had the wrong valves. Doh :roll:
  • Good on you Andy at CRC for coming on and showing us that you care.

Now, if I write an open letter to Camelot...
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Yes, I'd never had any problems with CRC until this Christmas time when one pre-Christmas order (Christmas present) didn't turn up until well after New Year and all emails relating to it went unanswered. Now CRC could blame the Post Office for slow delivery but they can't blame the PO for not answering emails. I also ordered another order slightly later which arrived in reasonable time but minus one item despite the order being shown as complete. Again no one answered emails but I did eventually get through on the phone and it was sorted. I understand from the guy I spoke to that there was a huge backlog of unanswered emails and they simply didn't have enough staff to deal with Christmas this year.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    :lol: It's like Watchdog on here!

Good on you Andy, hope you stick around on the forum.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    You should send him a snotty letter like the one above...

Yep, considering that, he probably ordered them on Christmas Eve :roll: , likely to be nothing to do with CRC.

To be fair I've always had good service from CRC, generally pretty competitive price wise too.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    I've had exceptional service from CRC over Christmas & New Year (and the last week or so too - yup, been ordering a few bits). All parts delivered within two working days (sometime quicker). So here's some praise from me :)

Have to agree with Earl, nothing but praise for the 3 orders I've placed with CRC over the holiday period especially considering it's their busiest time of year and the weather has played havoc with the mail.

Praise too for Andy for getting things sorted when things don't quite run as smoothly as normal !

PS, nice to see the Kona being lavished with attention Matt, I suppose you have time a plenty now the Vec's gone :wink:
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I love the power of the internet for naming and shaming bad customer service!

I tried it in 2008 with a bloke who tried to supply me with a shoddy vehilce, although no names mentioned when I posted on a vehicle owners forum. I ended up having to sue for £6k. Bloke called my comments libel and counter sued. Court has sent it to mediation, so I'll be lucky if I see half of what he owes me and it's cost £800 in court fees. :(
  • Nice to see Andy from CRC getting this sorted for you fella.

From the other side, i'd just like to say i've had nothing but exemplary service from CRC. Infact today, i ordered my pair of SIDI Dominator shoes from CRC and they agreed to charge me £130 (as per the price of the size 39's on sale) for my size 51 Mega Wides! (should've been £158) Amazing service! (thank you again David!) :P
  • I must add tho have have had nothing but exemplary service from CRC over the years.

Oh and if anyone wants a £10 discount voucher for 0800 PM me with your email address.
  • .blitz
    Update: all sorted. Thanks Andy, Maggie & Trevor.