Decent folk

CiB
CiB Posts: 6,098
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Big big thanks to a chap known to me only as Bruce, who stopped to see if I was ok when I was mending a puncture in a back lane 'tween Buckingham & Bicester this afternoon. As it happened I wasn't - 3 punctures in 18 miles, plus nipping the tube when refitting it (damn this cold weather) meant I was down to my last patch. This chap rolled up (apologies for the language; i didn't think anyone was around :) ), introduced himself and lightened my mood by a goodly amount and gave me another patch to get me home, just in case. When I nipped that tube as well, he gave me his spare and stopped to chat for a while whilst I fitted that. Understandably he'd decided to get a move on when I pinched that tube as well, but only after checking that I could phone for help etc. (I rolled the tyre on by hand the last time - nearly ripped the flesh from my palms, but better than another pinch flat getting the sodding tyre back on).

Top bloke or what? It's good to come across people like Bruce. Anyone else got any heart-warming stories that aren't tearful enough for OK Magazine? Share them here. Cyclists eh? Aren't they great?

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    CiB wrote:
    Big big thanks to a chap known to me only as Bruce, who stopped to see if I was ok when I was mending a puncture in a back lane 'tween Buckingham & Bicester this afternoon. As it happened I wasn't - 3 punctures in 18 miles, plus nipping the tube when refitting it (damn this cold weather) meant I was down to my last patch. This chap rolled up (apologies for the language; i didn't think anyone was around :) ), introduced himself and lightened my mood by a goodly amount and gave me another patch to get me home, just in case. When I nipped that tube as well, he gave me his spare and stopped to chat for a while whilst I fitted that. Understandably he'd decided to get a move on when I pinched that tube as well, but only after checking that I could phone for help etc. (I rolled the tyre on by hand the last time - nearly ripped the flesh from my palms, but better than another pinch flat getting the sodding tyre back on).

Top bloke or what? It's good to come across people like Bruce. Anyone else got any heart-warming stories that aren't tearful enough for OK Magazine? Share them here. Cyclists eh? Aren't they great?

Sorry to hear that Chris, really spoils a ride which is exactly why i'm planning on buying a mini track pump thingy, co2 is good but never seems to hit the right spot.

PS. is that why you removed the PF tally from the stats page :wink:

PPS. i'm taking 3 tubes tomorrow and 4 co2 bottles and a pump oh yes and patches...... just in case :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.