Hampshire Hilly 100

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
Anyone doen this?

How hilly is it?

I have entered in a fit of maddness but am now starting to regret it as I am carp at climbing.
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Not very. The Hampshire Rolling Hundred would be a more accurate name.

There are some steep bits but they are short. The worst bit I found was Watership Down, which at it's steepest hit 17% on my 705 but comes in two 'pitches' and isn't that long, followed by a lovely long descent afterwards. I've done that 'climb' a few times and blew out my @rse every time, whilst pulling wheelies going up!

When it comes down to it though, it's all relative to what you're used to. I've since moved from Hants to NI and found the hills here to be longer and steeper than anything I came across in Hampshire. It's just the nature of the terrain that your used to riding I suppose.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Have done the last 2 years. Good ride.

As GavH says, much more rolling than hilly, but still totals about 2400m of climbing, so
    quite hard.

Only downside for me is that it's almost impossible to get there from London without driving.
    exercise.png
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    I did it last year and loved it, but agree it's more rolling than hilly.

Have entered again this year but have just found out I'm going abroad on the same day so will have to sell my place.

Gutted.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Did it last year and it's not very hilly. Nice enough ride though through some nice countryside. Transport from London did make it very difficult to get to.