When does the British bike season start?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited January 2010 in MTB general
I was wondering if anyone can tell me when the bike season starts and ends in Britian?

Comments

• R2 D2
    R2 D2 Posts: 34
    It's all year round if you ask me.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Yup, i ride all year round.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me when the bike season starts and ends in Britian?

We have seasons for biking? :shock:
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    The cold bit is from around november to may. The warm bit from may to november. The wet bit is most of it. Ride all year round.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877

You mean there's a season? :shock:

Admittedly I ride less in the winter but that's because I hate getting wet and I'm too tight to buy a decent set of lights. But I still ride all year round.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    i, and most others ride all year, the race season is between late march and early october, but there are loads of races in the winter too, although not many DH races happen after october, there are a few mind...
    it tends to be more enduro's and xc stuff in the soggy months (all the time)
    for pro's the winter is the "off" season, but i think youl find very few have a season off.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    I dont stop riding !

Mud, snow and ice all help to improve handling skills ! Slogging through mud does wonders for your fitness aswell :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • jpstar
    jpstar Posts: 561
    Yeah, all year. Can't remember where I saw it but they reccomended going out in the mud and wet because of the benefits gained skill-wise, say if you can tackle a certain section in the mud and slop, you can do it in the dry only faster.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    stevet1992 wrote:
    Mud, snow and ice all help to improve handling skills ! Slogging through mud does wonders for your fitness aswell :lol:

It does **** up some trails though.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Northwind wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

It does **** up some trails though.

Most of the trails around here get torn to pieces by sodding MX bikes and offroad cars :( So i dont feel as bad when leaving a 2 inch tyre track !
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    we have seasons :shock: :lol:

i just ride all year :lol:
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    As above - the season is from Jan 1 to Dec 31.
  • mikeage
    mikeage Posts: 150
    nooo! season runs fron Jan 2 to Dec 23, then the beer season begins!

Yes, some dedicated people may drink throughout the year, but come one, that's just training.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    dont forget the "I wish I had not season" from the 27th to the 30th of December.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mikeage
    mikeage Posts: 150
    Yea, but that's where the training pays off! You have to remain focussed and power through!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    training?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    The bike season ends when either you or the bike is in no fit state to ride... ie you're at home with this so called man flu (whatever that is) or your bike is beyond immediate repair.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    We have to ride all year round in this country because if we waited for 'Summer' we would only get out twice a year :roll:

Some of the best rides are muddy wintery and wet........thats UK mountain biking !!
  • Tempestas
    Tempestas Posts: 486
    Just after duck season ends I believe....
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ahhh yer forgot the boozing at crimbo, but techicnally that measn that my season is interupted every saturday night :lol: and starts again sunday morning......if i feel alrite
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    british bike season?

yeah it started...you missed it...better luck next season (which fortunately start today!)
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.