LesMcLuffAlot
LesMcLuffAlot Posts: 15
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
http://www.vimeo.com/6217227

Vrrrrrooooooommmmmmm.......

Comments

• flybywire
    flybywire Posts: 575
    nice vid.. it's funny how wet roads seem to be faster :)
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    Thats fine, but youre on the wrong side of the road pal! :wink: That gives cyclists a bad name. Bet you had no helmet on and were doing up you shoes no-handed..... :wink::wink::wink:
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • That makes your wheel look well out of true. :lol:
  • I didn't spot a single pedestrian on the way - do they all hide indoors until you've gone past?
  • I didn't spot a single pedestrian on the way - do they all hide indoors until you've gone past?

I spotted 2 in the last 3mins of it. I live in a very car centric city. Few people bike or walk to work. So when it's wet and raining even less do. More room on the MUP for me.
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    I didn't spot a single pedestrian on the way - do they all hide indoors until you've gone past?

I spotted 2 in the last 3mins of it. I live in a very car centric city. Few people bike or walk to work. So when it's wet and raining even less do. More room on the MUP for me.

I was expecting you to move to the left side of the road... then it sneaked up on me that it was a right lane driving country. A cool route - very flat, or at least it looks so in the vid! Nice roads and paths/trails.

Is this in the USA/Canada?
  • Valy wrote:
    I didn't spot a single pedestrian on the way - do they all hide indoors until you've gone past?

I was expecting you to move to the left side of the road... then it sneaked up on me that it was a right lane driving country. A cool route - very flat, or at least it looks so in the vid! Nice roads and paths/trails.

I'm in Canada. My wide format camera flattens things out. The first half of my commute is all gradual downhill pretty much then it flattens out. I live in a hilly area but the city is nestled in a valley.
    At 14:05ish you can see Mt Mckay looming in the distance. She looks like this. There is a paved road to the top. The local cycling club holds uphill TT's up it.

2721916320_174f17e052_b.jpg

The view from up top.
    137820803_b72bb611f5.jpg
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Whereabouts in Canada (suppose I could look up Mt McKay but that would be boring!).

I do like Canada though you all really ought to understand that ice hockey really isn't a good sport :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    I do like Canada though you all really ought to understand that ice hockey really isn't a good sport :lol:

Whoa there! A load of big, toothless blokes knocking lumps out of one another. On ice! What's not to like?
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxzkibD2PnA

It's a slow start, but worth it.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Valy
    Valy wrote:

I'm in Canada. My wide format camera flattens things out. The first half of my commute is all gradual downhill pretty much then it flattens out. I live in a hilly area but the city is nestled in a valley.
    At 14:05ish you can see Mt Mckay looming in the distance. She looks like this. There is a paved road to the top. The local cycling club holds uphill TT's up it.

2721916320_174f17e052_b.jpg

The view from up top.
    137820803_b72bb611f5.jpg

Wow... that is really awesome. I would really not mind cycling around there!

... also - while we are here - pics or GEE-TEEE-EEEF-OU? PLS?

awesomeb.png

EDIT: Now that I've thought about it... more pictures? =D
  • I just stumbled on this music video someone made of my home town. Some nice views of Mt Mckay and the norwesters mountain range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqg1oqfg_Y
  • Valy
    That is not bad...
  • Valy wrote:
    That is not bad...

Yeah it literally made my eyes well up the first time I watched it. It was on the front page of youtube. I saw the thumbnail and I was like "hey that looks like Mt Mckay." A gritty look at my sleepy, isolated city, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. The video was posted on Thursday and by Friday night it was featured on the National newscast here. My flawed city is not beautiful, but the surrounding area can be breathtaking.

No biking or commuting today. It was -20C when I got up at 9:30am. I'm heading out to the family cottage for the weekend. Do some cross country skiing on the lake.

I do commute by bike to work quite a bit in the winter. I posted a thread for the video of my commute on the morning of the Winter Solstice of 2009. For those that haven't seen it. Here it is again.

http://www.vimeo.com/8346389
  • Valy
    Valy wrote:
    That is not bad...

Yeah it literally made my eyes well up the first time I watched it. It was on the front page of youtube. I saw the thumbnail and I was like "hey that looks like Mt Mckay." A gritty look at my sleepy, isolated city, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. The video was posted on Thursday and by Friday night it was featured on the National newscast here. My flawed city is not beautiful, but the surrounding area can be breathtaking.

No biking or commuting today. It was -20C when I got up at 9:30am. I'm heading out to the family cottage for the weekend. Do some cross country skiing on the lake.

I do commute by bike to work quite a bit in the winter. I posted a thread for the video of my commute on the morning of the Winter Solstice of 2009. For those that haven't seen it. Here it is again.

http://www.vimeo.com/8346389
    About the video - yeah I guess if it is about where you live can me one cry, heh. :P

When I started watching I was like "tell me that is a mtb..." I saw in the comments that you use spiked tires - so that is alright then. I fell off on naked ice and hit the back of my head - I still feel not a 100% when it comes to my balance, a month later. Was going about 20Km/h and stopped concentrating/thinking for a split of a second...

The lights (I thought it was one before reading about 3) seem pretty good, and you say that the camera does not fully show how they light up the road... I might take a look as well. :D