Some very crazy actions by a cyclist

gaz545
gaz545 Posts: 493
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat

Comments

• ...well, when he gets well dinked, he#ll have no complaints and won't do it again...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    that starts off around west croydon.. I think I've seen that guy

seem quite a fair amount on di<khead riders giving it the no handed business down the road
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    What's wrong with no handed riding... nothing if done sensibly.. clearly the guy's just slower than you but makes it in the same time..
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    yeah that last bit is very dangerous, shouldnt be wearing laces when riding
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    What's wrong with no handed riding... nothing if done sensibly.. clearly the guy's just slower than you but makes it in the same time..

Plenty in heavy traffic.

And its not that he's slower, its the red light running too. Thats what make him a div and angers non-cyclists who could be on our side. :?
  • gaz545

I ride no handed on occasions when it's sensible. but is doing it in traffic and doing your shoe laces sensible?
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    gaz545 wrote:

I ride no handed on occasions when it's sensible. but is doing it in traffic and doing your shoe laces sensible?

Good footage mate - what an ar$e he is!

I only go no handed for two reasons and when approropriate:

i) Doing up or undoing a zip on my top;
    ii) for the victory salute when I get home :D:D:D

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • unfortunatly the only persons actions you can control is your own and try to lead by example.

the guy is clearly a tool and haveing had conversations with people like that in the past, it is pointless and that is in oz where it is law to where a helmet and will cost you points on your licence for not doing so (3 pionts when I moved here). couldn't get some guys to where one MTBing on proper tracks because thy say they don't have too.

as for the way he is riding he will get his soon enough. I just hope it is from the cops not a car claning him up.
    trek 7.9fx with mudgaurds (Thanks terk for warrenty freebie)

kona kula

mtbr come commuter
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    Ok, I think I should point out that not wearing a helmet does not make him a tool.
    What makes him so is the absolute disrespect for traffic and law.
    I don't wear a helmet when I go to the shops.
    But I don't ride like that either.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    warthog562 wrote:
    as for the way he is riding he will get his soon enough. I just hope it is from the cops not a car claning him up.

I'm very sure he has a high chance that he wont. Riding like a d***head around here is rare but quite visible imo, and I often see people doing the very same and from all the news reports its never them who get taken out. Its usually the bloke or girl who behaves and gets winged heading past junctions, or from an overtaking cock-up.

EDIT: Is "co ck up" not allowed? Thats an archery phrase for crying out loud, its been changed to "fool up" :shock: :?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    downfader wrote:
    warthog562 wrote:

I'm very sure he has a high chance that he wont. Riding like a d***head around here is rare but quite visible imo, and I often see people doing the very same and from all the news reports its never them who get taken out. Its usually the bloke or girl who behaves and gets winged heading past junctions, or from an overtaking fool-up.

EDIT: Is "co ck up" not allowed? Thats an archery phrase for crying out loud, its been changed to "fool up" :shock: :?

I think its regarded as politically incorrect in the same way as showing two fingers to the French - of course it has to be the two fingers of your draw hand otherwise its just rude - Oh for the more robust times of the 14th century :wink:
  • im far more interested when, at 1:29 you look left- are you checking your shoulder, or checking that nice woman out? 8)

frankly i would much prefer a vid of attractive women you passed, but agree, he is crazy
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    What a twonk.

Although TBF I wish I could ride no haded to do my shoes up, I can hardly unzip my jacket. :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gaz545
    im far more interested when, at 1:29 you look left- are you checking your shoulder, or checking that nice woman out? 8)

frankly i would much prefer a vid of attractive women you passed, but agree, he is crazy

Checking my shoulder i'm afraid. just overtook another cyclist and i didn't want him to go up my inside.
  • Being able to do your shoes up whilst riding is something though
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Being able to do your shoes up whilst riding is something though

+1

I wish I had that sort of balance!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • DesWeller wrote:

+1

Being a bit of a traditionalist, I'm going to stick to that old routine of doing my shoes up before getting on a bike. Just in case I come across a driver who is preoccupied with tying up their own shoe laces...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DesWeller wrote:

+1

Being a bit of a traditionalist, I'm going to stick to that old routine of doing my shoes up before getting on a bike. Just in case I come across a driver who is preoccupied with tying up their own shoe laces...

As a driver I'm entitled to tie my laces while I drive, it's my car and my road seeing as I paid for it, I'll do what I want.

You cyclists, always moaning, should stick to the cycle lanes.

Etcetera..... :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:

+1

As a driver I'm entitled to tie my laces while I drive, it's my car and my road seeing as I paid for it, I'll do what I want.

You cyclists, always moaning, should stick to the cycle lanes.

Etcetera..... :wink:

Well I guess that told me! :wink: