A Teaser for the people that doubt I really have a bike

colintrav
colintrav Posts: 1,074
edited January 2010 in Your mountain bikes
dsc00047hf.jpg
mybikeh.jpg
dsc00046fg.jpg
img70

Well today I picked up my new bike "Carrera Fury "which am sure you've seen plently of images of it so far , so I'll no bother bring the life out fo you's by posting yet another endless pics of it just a teaser ..

.. Whilst I left the shop with it with it still in 7th gear I was kind expecting to start off kinda stiff infact it was the opposite it was hardly noticable was actually impressed by the smoothness of take off !! After I got of the train my my local station I preceeded to take for a test run Whilst I have to say I was kinda dubious to the fact it's the first MTB I've bought that has Suspension , basically testing the gears just to firmilarise myself overall am impressed by the handling and ride .. though cycling over hardend ice which you will see from one of the pics I took doesn't half give you a sore ring peice lol Oh whilst I was in the Shop I got myself a new pair of Gloves costing me 25nicker Better and warmer than the 2 pairs I wear normally to work lol

Lookin forward to the marra totally bootin the ar.se out of it ... 8)

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Get them reflectors off there :lol:
  • colintrav
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Get them reflectors off there :lol:

Naw ... cos they do a job .that which they were designed for

Plus my legs were gouping with not having ridden a bike for a very long time .. .lucozade soon cured it ..tho
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    you poured lucozade on your legs?

nice bike :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • colintrav
    What ever gave you that Idea
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    enjoy :lol:
  • I'm assuming you're Scottish from the use of teh word "goupin'".

Well let me continue the use of local vernacular by pointing out that the reflector makes your bike look like a "shanner".
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    colintrav wrote:
    What ever gave you that Idea
    just a little lightheartedness... :roll:
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • colintrav
    I'm assuming you're Scottish from the use of teh word "goupin'".

Well let me continue the use of local vernacular by pointing out that the reflector makes your bike look like a "shanner".

Rubbish ... you say old chap

By jove I say there Proposterous nonsense
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Is it me or the bike is only present on the picture No. 2.
    And that's the handlebars only. :?

Come on, post some better pictures of the whole bike.
  • Paul 8v
    I must say that some of the pictures look like bad UFO footage stills...
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I must say that some of the pictures look like bad UFO footage stills...
    Made me think of the out of focus loch ness monster shots... i think i belived he had a bike more before i saw the photos.... :wink:
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Paul 8v
    If you look really carefully in the top right of the third one you can see a sasquatch
  • colintrav
    Various pics I took today ...

dsc00058vw.jpg
    dsc00057d.jpg
    dsc00056r.jpg
    dsc00054oe.jpg
    dsc00055fp.jpg
    dsc00052em.jpg
    dsc00051n.jpg
    dsc00057jq.jpg
    img50
  • colintrav
    dsc00049rn.jpg
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Hurrah! An actual picture of the bike! So far in this thread, I had begun beleiving that you walked around country lanes with handlebars... :shock:

Well done, that didn't hurt too much did it? :wink:
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Thing is, he never had a bike before! :lol:
  • colintrav
    If you noticed closely the valve cap has fallen off my front tyre .. due to the bloke in the shop not tightening it after putting air in the tyre .

Also the pics are off the Big and wee dipper which leads to tokers layby and the Pools Country roads where I stay it's what we called them years ago and the names have also stuck ever since .. the back roads have become more hazardous since the the Old turkey farm [ Owned by Andros Stakis which he rents out ] is now an equestrian centre and Lawmarnock farm has opened up equestrian centre also .. Horse box and horse riders galore ... Pain in the rectum at the best of times especially when your hammering down the rollercoaster towards Devil's corner or even down both dippers
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    colintrav wrote:
    If you noticed closely the valve cap has fallen off my front tyre .. due to the bloke in the shop not tightening it after putting air in the tyre .

Also the pics are off the Big and wee dipper which leads to tokers layby and the Pools Country roads where I stay it's what we called them years ago and the names have also stuck ever since .. the back roads have become more hazardous since the the Old turkey farm [ Owned by Andros Stakis which he rents out ] is now an equestrian centre and Lawmarnock farm has opened up equestrian centre also .. Horse box and horse riders galore ... Pain in the rectum at the best of times especially when your hammering down the rollercoaster towards Devil's corner or even down both dippers

what are you on about?
  • colintrav
    missmarple wrote:
    Thing is, he never had a bike before! :lol:

Never had a bike before lol Yeah right

Raleigh Alaska [ steel frame ] and Carrera Absolute [ Aluminium ] which I still have and are in my shed and been out of action to severe battlefield injuries for the last 5yrs and the fury is my 5th bike my other 2 were a bmx and a racer which I don't have anymore

And the Fury is my 2nd carrera
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    did you have the battlefield injures or the bikes?
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    I think he meant that you haven't had a bike and been riding it since you joined the forum in October and started winding people up... :roll: :lol:
  • Paul 8v
    Kiblams wrote:
    Hurrah! An actual picture of the bike! So far in this thread, I had begun beleiving that you walked around country lanes with handlebars... :shock:
    To be fair, that's all that I do
    barsstupid.jpg
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Kiblams wrote:
    To be fair, that's all that I do
    barsstupid.jpg

Are those Avid Dial 5 brake levers or are my eyes deceiving me?
  • Paul 8v
    edited January 2010
    No, they're decieving you :lol: they're off my mates knackered old raliegh, we ended up taking the lever arm off, fixing a rope round the main bit that fixes to the bar and fixed a tow rope and caribina to it and now use it as a tow rope for our mountainboards behind a car :-)
    Edit: Not on the road I hasten to add!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    why didn't you just post that picture in the first post. :roll:
  • colintrav
    did you have the battlefield injures or the bikes?

That which I say is mainly a figure of speech .. meaning my bikes have taken a hammering and are Out of action
  • Paul 8v
    It's always good to have a few old bikes kicking around, we're always canibalising old ones to help fix the current ones! Keep the battle damaged ones for spares :wink:
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    jay12 wrote:

Because he's an idiot?
  • colintrav
    Briggo wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

Because he's an idiot?

Infact it's you that is diggin a deeper hole for yourselfs because you don't even know the meaning of the word "teaser .".. ..

Even though there is various meanings still

Any number of blokes and women knows what it means .. yet you both CLEARLY DON'T !!
  • The 1st pics are like where's wally lol But ermmm there was no wally!!
    80 x 80 is not enough pixels!!!!

http://www.monzaautomotive.com/

My bikes and a few riding pics http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12673633