Surrey Hills good to go?

birdy247
birdy247 Posts: 454
Anyone going to get out into the Surrey hills this weekend or do you think there will still be some ice around?

Regards

Comments

• Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    i live on the North Downs and as of this morning we still have plenty of ice/snow slush on the sides of the roads. I think it will be the MTB for me this weekend.
  • Could be better by Sunday - warm(ish!) temps predicted in the next two days and plenty of rain on Sat to wash away the snow.
  • I'm next to swinley forest and we've still got a bit of snow. It's rapidly turning into mud and massive puddles though. You should be fine on the weekend.
    Lapierre Zesty 514 - 2010
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Anyone out in Surrey today? Has the ice been fully washed away?
    Really need to get out tomorrow!
    exercise.png
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Out in Woking its pretty much gone now since the rain today.

I should imagine the hills will be perfectly fine tomorrow.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • If it's anything like Hindhead the roads will have fallen apart :evil:
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Roads much better - 4'c last night. Very wet and some of the road surfaces looking dodgy. SO ok to ride but with care
  • I think road surfaces are going to be pretty poor after all the bad weather - so watch out for potholes and any bits of loose gravel, especially on those speedy descents!

I'm looking forward to getting out there again at the weekend - first time in almost a month.
    IN THE SADDLE
    "Locals are watching from pavement cafés. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me." Tim Krabbé, The Rider
  • birdy247
    Woekn up to some snow in London, anyone who live around the hills know if its ok????

Thanks
  • genki
    genki Posts: 305
    Looking at Leith Hill Tower out of my window...there's a tiny dusting of snow, but your main enemy today will be the cold. It's clear and sunny but not yet above freezing. Ice in the water trough is 1.4cm thick. I haven't been out on the roads yet but I'd say they'll be patches of ice on them during the morning. I'm going to wait a few hours and maybe ride in the afternoon.
  • birdy247
    Just got in, had to turn back after 20 miles just as i was getting to the hills. Hit a BIG patch of ice which didnt seem like it was going to end. Hit the deck. Saw a few others also turning around, be carful!