The man is an idiot..

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    April is early this year !
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    dunce-cap-722311.jpg
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    So who is the OP calling a fool?
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    First Stillerstrong, now building an 8 mile stretch of cobbled road in Texas so Lance can train on!!!
    These guys have really developed a sense of humour
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Cobbles, pah. I'm building a replica Alpe d'Huez in my back garden. Just waiting for planning permission.
  • Kléber wrote:
    Cobbles, pah. I'm building a replica Alpe d'Huez in my back garden. Just waiting for planning permission.

That's nothing, I'm reworking the entire of the 2003 Luz Ardiden stage by landscaping various locations in the Lake District national park.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Kléber wrote:

That's nothing, I'm reworking the entire of the 2003 Luz Ardiden stage by landscaping various locations in the Lake District national park.

I'm hiring a voodoo witchdoctor to bring Coppi back from the dead so I can see how I shape up against him in the Vigorelli replica velodrome I have built in my bedroom

Strava is not Zen.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    thomasmc wrote:
    First Stillerstrong, now building an 8 mile stretch of cobbled road in Texas so Lance can train on!!!
    These guys have really developed a sense of humour

Stillerstrong was so lame
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • calvjones wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

I'm hiring a voodoo witchdoctor to bring Coppi back from the dead so I can see how I shape up against him in the Vigorelli replica velodrome I have built in my bedroom

I imagine after 40 years plus in the ground he looks a bit more like his brother...

Are you going ot let him ride a modern bike?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Well i feel foolish.... but in my defence, i can imagine him doing it
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    calvjones wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

I imagine after 40 years plus in the ground he looks a bit more like his brother...

Are you going ot let him ride a modern bike?

He can ride what he likes, but I'll be on the commisaires' backs to make sure not one of his bones breaks the 3 x 1 aero rule.

Strava is not Zen.
  • The cobbled Paterberg (Tour of Flanders) was actually built by a farmer so he could have the race coming through his land!
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    The cobbled Paterberg (Tour of Flanders) was actually built by a farmer so he could have the race coming through his land!

A true fan.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • teagar wrote:
    The cobbled Paterberg (Tour of Flanders) was actually built by a farmer so he could have the race coming through his land!

A true fan.

Also a bit of the Green Eyed Monster I think, because his neighbour / friend lived on the Koppenberg.

My sister's got a bit of land that would suit a cobbled climb (I haven't broached the subject).
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    That's true and it's bonkers at the same time. Only in Belgium! :lol:
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Kléber wrote:
    That's true and it's bonkers at the same time. Only in Flanders! :lol:

Corrected.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.